chapter ninety nine

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I'll kill her."

"Don't worry, Jeno already told her to stay away from him."

"Why didn't she do that in the first place? Doesn't she know how much she hurt Mark?" Darci frowns. "And I hurt him right after her..." He groans again. "Fuck."

"He's more upset that he was hurt, not that it was you."

"That doesn't make me feel any better", Darci mumbles. "I never wanted to hurt him. I always told how stupid Annalise was for dumping him. I got him to trust me and then re-shattered his heart into bits."

"Darci, calm down."

"How can I? I'm just as much of a villain in his story as Annabitch and Mark won't even paint me like that."

"One, Annabitch is funny and I'd steal it if I didn't love referring to her like she's Voldemort."

"That's a good one", Darci agrees halfheartedly.

"Darce...", Chenle says, eyes softening. "He's not upset with you, okay? If he was, he wouldn't be friends. You know that. He needed time after the breakup and when he felt okay, he wanted to go back to being friends. He did it 'cause he wanted to. I, honestly, told him it was a bad idea. I was kinda livid after you broke up."

Darci chuckles. "He told me."

"Yeah. Mark was insistent about not losing you. He got over it, that's why he can do all this friendly shit with you. Kudos to him, I would never."

"Yeah but isn't your ex an asshole?"

"Yeah, but even if he wasn't, I would never." Darci gives him a look. "Okay, maybe I would."

"You so would."

"That's besides the point."

"Will he be okay?" Darci asks softly. "It's okay if we need to stop being friends. I want him to stop hurting."

"He wants to be friends. So if after this, you speak to him and start spewing this nonsense and make him think you don't wanna be friends, I'mma beat your ass."

"I'm not too worried."

"Jisung will beat Ems ass and then we'll beat yours together."

"I think we can avoid that."

Chenle grins, leaning back against his chair. "Good."

"I love your hair by the way."

"Thank you."

Jaehyuns eyes flick over his two best friends cuddled up together, Mark resting on Johnny. He watches his Johnny fiddles with a few thin strands of hair and every once in a kiss, kisses Marks face. It's completely normal, they all do it, but this time Jaehyun notices how fond Johnny looks.

Did he look at me that way?

How did I not notice this before?

Seriously how? The love is practically written all over Johnnys face.

"How's you and Dakoda he asks?"

"We're fine", Johnny answers, not taking his eyes off Mark. "We hangout sometimes and she flirts with me but lately, she's been busy with Renjun."