chapter ninety nine

Start from the beginning

"Cutie", Chenle says, starting to work something out in his mind. "You love of all three of them, right? And the others are the same, having feelings for all three of you?"

"Le, you know this."

"I do. But if you know this, why do you think they won't have room to love you? They already made room, since they met you. What makes you think that them loving each other means they don't love you? That's not what you agreed to."

"I know", Mark whines. "I'm just so scared. And I was overthinking earlier a-and with Anna...Anna-you know." Chenle nods. "I was overthinking before we broke up to you. 'Cause she was showing it but I'm sure she didn't mean to. But I got the feeling that something was wrong and it was and with Darci...I knew his feelings weren't the same. I'd say something and he'd laugh it off and say someone less and I don't think he wanted me to notice but he looked guilty. Even Ten looked at me with sympathy and I was really fucking confused then, but no, it's because everyone could tell how I felt and that I'd never get those same feelings back. This is the first time I actually admitted I'm falling in love but what if that just causes more damage? I've never showed my feelings and had it go well and I know they're my boyfriends too but I still feel like I'm competing and if I am, I know I'm going to lose."

It's been five days since that conversation and since then, Jeno, Jaemin, and Haechan haven't heard from Mark. Of course they tried contacting him, even going to his apartment, but he was hardly ever there and if he was, he didn't answer. None of them knew what going on, what was happening while a wall was between them. If they did, they'd see Mark balling eyes out, wishing they could come in without him letting them in. They'd see how much Mark wanted them and how scared he was, how strong his thoughts and fears had a hold on him.

They knew he went to Chenle and Johnny and Jaehyun, they spoke to everyone they know Mark would go to but they were always told the same thing,"he's not here" or "he needs space". It was devastating. None of them wanted to be apart from each other and even though Haechan, Jaemin, and Jeno were together, it wasn't the same. It was never the same with one of them missing.

As it turns out, it's not only those three that Mark's been avoiding.

Chenle lets out a sigh as he stares down at the text.

Darci

Darci
Is Mark mad at me????

"Is Mark mad at me?" Is the first thing Darci asks.

"Erm, not exactly. Maybe. Okay, let me back up. He's not mad at current you."

Darci's face dims to one of hurt and worry. "It's about what happened before?"

"Kind of. Marks just in his head and fucking terrified, obviously. He's letting his fear control him and he's not talking to you 'cause he's remembering the past and letting them bother him now."

Darci groans. "Shit." He looks up at Chenle. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Probably not. Every once in a while, especially when he gets like this, I ask about you and he's basically been saying the same thing. He knows you weren't meant for each other, he's glad you're happy and in love with someone else, he doesn't want you back, but it would've been nice you loved him. We both know you didn't mean to but your relationship just added onto his pain and with Mark seeing Annalise not long ago-"

"He what?" Chenles mouth falls open. "That bitch is here? Did she speak to him? Oh my God."

"Yeah, um, she said hi, but Mark couldn't handle it and Jeno was left to talk to her and she said something about she didn't think he'd react like that and that it's been years."