Chapter 41 Extended Epilogue (One Shot Sequel)

Start from the beginning

Harry nearly cries when Skylar comes downstairs, one hand grasping the stair rail while the other holds her dress up so she doesn't trip. Parker is there to help her off the last couple of steps and immediately moves in to kiss her cheek.

"You look stunning as always." He complimented making her blush sweetly.

"Thanks. You clean up nicely." Skylar replied earning a chuckle from Louis.

"Alright, let's get pictures done so you two can be on your way." Harry spoke up, gesturing to where Chloe, a local photographer stood waiting.

Once the pictures are done and both parents have hugged and kissed their daughter they send them on their way with a final warning not to be late for curfew. Only after Skylar and Parker are gone does Bryce finally make an appearance from his room.

"Are they gone yet?" The thirteen year old questioned.

"Mhmm, any reason you didn't come down?" Harry asked, looking over at their youngest child.

"Yeah, I knew you'd make me be in pictures with her." Bryce scoffed, walking off towards the kitchen. "I heard enough of her whining about her hair and makeup and nails... heaven only knows what would've happen if someone stepped on that dress."

"That dress cost a lot." Louis commented, "You can't fault her for that."

"You really think it's not going to get stepped on tonight at the dance?" Bryce turned to give his dad an amused look. "I don't even understand the purpose of prom. What's the point in getting all dressed up to go dance and get sweaty? And it costs a fortune. We could just throw a party and let everyone dress how they want."

"The purpose is to give seniors a special night. Guess it's like letting the girls feel super pretty and the boys feel like men." Louis responded as he leaned against the counter, watching as Harry moved around the kitchen finding ingredients for dinner.

"Well, I have no interest." Bryce stated firmly making Harry and Louis look at each other and laugh quietly.

"Son, I'm sure you'll change your mind by the time you're a senior and have a date." Harry said pulling out the pan he used for tacos. "I was the same way when I was your age, then I met your dad and he changed my opinion."

"Don't think I'll be changing mine." Bryce shook his head, "When's Scarlet coming over with Johnathan?"

"She should be here soon." Louis answered, looking forward to seeing his grand-baby.

It had been utterly strange having one of their children already married with a child of her own.

///

Scarlet had been eighteen when she met William Cowell for the first time. It had been at a small release party for one of Louis' artist. He had been working with Simon Cowell to produce the album so it only stood to reason that Simon would be at the party. What Louis hadn't known was Simon was bringing his twenty year old son.

They had asked Anne to watch Skylar and Bryce while they told Scarlet she was coming along. She hadn't really protested, only asked if she had to dress up in a fancy dress. Upon receiving the answer that she just needed to dress nice, she had easily agreed to go. That night she had donned a simple black dress with black flats and had immediately caught the attention of William.

Harry had been the first to notice the two had slipped off into one of the quieter corners of the room and were chatting and laughing over a glass of champagne. He had nudged Louis with his elbow and pointed in their direction. Louis' reaction had been pretty priceless, going completely stiff when he saw Scarlet blush at something William had said.