Chapter 16

By the end of February they've been on four more dates.

The second date had been Louis' choice and he had opted for going to see a movie they both wanted to see before taking Harry to another fine dining restaurant in the heart of London. Harry wasn't sure, but he didn't think he'd ever really get used to someone spending that kind of money for him to eat.

The third date was, again, Louis' choice. He hadn't told Harry what they were doing until he pulled up to the marina and waiting at the dock for them was a yacht. Harry had blinked at the sparkling white boat for a moment before allowing Louis to lead him onto it. Inside the boat Harry stops and starts again. The floors are done in new, plush cream coloured carpet, the walls are done in a light wood, there are two sofas and a loveseat, as well as a dining room table big enough for ten people.

"We're not eating at that one." Louis had said, taking Harry's wrist and leading him to a different section of the boat where the kitchen was with a small room off of it with a table set for two with candles and chilled wine waiting in a bucket of ice.

As soon as they had sat down there was a worker there informing them that the chef was preparing dinner as she popped open the wine and poured them both a glass. Thirty minutes later she returned with two plates of filet mignon served with mashed potatoes and asparagus with a small loaf of fresh baked bread. It's probably one of the best meals Harry's ever had at a place that wasn't home.

The fourth date taken place at Louis' flat with Harry claiming the kitchen didn't get used enough and a kitchen like that shouldn't just go to waste. So he made dinner consisting of season lamb with a mint sauce and a side of orzo, cranberry, mixed greens, and grain salad, goat cheese mashed potatoes, and roasted sun dried tomato hummus with warmed pita bread.

And Louis knew Harry could cook but he's thoroughly impressed with the meal since even some of the fine dining restaurants he's been to can't ever cook his lamp right, but Harry's is spot on perfection. Dessert came in the form of a still warm chocolate brownie with vanilla bean gelato, fresh raspberries, and chocolate sauce drizzled on top.

"Seriously Haz, this is so good." Louis said for what was probably the fifth or sixth time that evening.

"I know, you've said." Harry laughed spooning up another bite of brownie and gelato into his mouth.

"Well I'm gonna keep saying it." Louis smiled spearing a raspberry.

Harry doesn't really know how they keep finding stuff to talk about, but their conversation never dies. Louis tells him about his trip to Barcelona when he was on his way to recovery after the Chad incident.

"Mum thought it would be good to get me out of the U.K completely so she and I took a trip to Barcelona while Dan watched the girls and boys. She made me do all this stuff with her even though I didn't really want to but the entire time we were there my mind never went to what had happened except when I was asleep I would have nightmares." Louis admitted leaning against the arm of his sofa. "I'd wake up screaming and... and we'd get a call from the hotel that somebody had complained about noise or well screaming. It was so embarrassing."

Harry looked at Louis, saddened by what the older man was telling him. Even though it's not his fault and maybe he shouldn't care because Louis brought it on himself when he left him... but he cares and there's no point in denying it - he still cares deeply for Louis.

Louis bit his cheek before continuing with a heavy breath, "Mum worried like crazy when she found out I - um - I was..." he trailed off, the memory of Jay's face and the pain and sadness in her eyes too overwhelming.

Harry moved closer to Louis and pulled him to his chest trying to comfort him cause even if he hasn't forgiven him, he has the urge to take care of him - to make him happy instead of sad because Louis should never be sad, he should always be beaming like he used to.