Chapter 2

Louis paused the video and stared at it for the longest time before blindly reaching for his cell phone. He dialed the number and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey mum." Louis replied quietly.

"Lou, it's quite late... is everything okay?" Jay asked with concern.

"When... When was the last time you spoke to Anne?" He questioned ignoring her question.

"Anne? Um... I think it was probably at least six years ago. Why?" Jay inquired.

"Did she ever mention Harry having a daughter?" Louis asked, the name of his true love heavy on his tongue.

"No, I don't believe so..." She trailed off in confusion.

"He's got a daughter mum." Louis said quietly.

"Oh?" Jay responded. "Well that's lovely... I guess that means he's married. You should follow his exam--"

"No mum." Louis interrupted. "You don't understand."

"What?" Jay asked.

"Mum... she... she looks like me." Louis whispered still staring at the beautiful girl on the screen where he had backed the video up.

"Oh my... you don't think...?" Jay gasped with wide eyes.

"Yeah I think so. I messed up so bad mum." Louis choked out. "Do you think you could get some information on her?"

"Louis..." She sighed heavily. "I'll see what I can find but hospital records are confidential I can't just snoop through them."

"I know, just... whatever you can find." He said clicking to go to NiallHoran93's profile, hoping for more videos of just her.

"I'll let you know. I'll talk to you later sweetie." Jay said and after a quick goodnight they hung up.

Louis scrolled through NiallHoran93's videos until he had watched every single one that had anything to do with the girl the boy called Scar. He wondered if that was short for something or just a nickname for the field. Either way... she was perfect and so talented.

He looked over at the clock and saw it was pushing 11pm. Picking up his phone again he sent a text to Zayn.

**(To: Zayn) - Call me if you're awake**

He knew better than to call Zayn this late and risk waking him up... it wasn't pleasant and it was a lesson he learned 9 years ago when they were still in high school. Louis had called him, fretting over what to get Harry for their two year anniversary and Zayn had been a right bitch on the phone.

And yeah. You heard that right. Two year anniversary and the very next year he messed everything up.

Louis' phone began to ring and he picked it up.

"Hey mate... I was just heading to bed... what do you want?" Zayn questioned with a yawn.

"I'm a dad." Louis stated bluntly.

"WHAT!?" Zayn exclaimed through the phone. "Who the hell did you knock up!?"

"Apparently Harry nearly 8 years ago." Louis answered.

"What?" Zayn asked slowly.

"Yeah... I was watching this video of the Little Dashers - the footie prodigies - and one of the girls came running up to the camera saying 'daddy we did it' and then her dad replied and Z... it was him... I know it. I would recognize his voice anywhere no matter how long it's been since I've heard it." Louis explained.