Chapter 19

It was Friday before Harry had any time available to go on his date with Louis. He'd worked some extra hours at the bakery since Anne had fired one of their employees and hadn't been able to find a replacement yet. Niall had agreed to watch Scarlet for the evening and at 7:30 there was a knock at his door.

Harry scurried from his bedroom, fixing his tie because Louis had said to dress for fine dining even though Harry had been under the impression they were going out for a simple dinner then going to the London Eye. He grabbed his phone and keys before going to the door.

When he opened the door he has to do a double take because Louis is standing there in slim fit black trousers with a white button up and a black 3/4 sleeve blazer. His fringe is brushed across his forehead and the rest of his hair is a little messy but it looks good on him even at its longer length.

"Alright there Haz?" Louis questioned when Harry didn't say anything.

"What? Oh yeah, um, you look really nice." Harry blushed having been caught just staring,

"So do you love." Louis smiled in reply then held out his hand. "Shall we?"

Harry placed his hand in Louis' and stepped out of the flat, turning to lock the door before letting Louis lead him out to his Audi. Forty minutes later they pulled up outside The Foyer at Claridge's. Once again Louis offered his hand to Harry once he opened the passenger door for him then led him into the restaurant.

"Hello Mr. Tomlinson, your table is ready." The host greeted, recognizing Louis.

Louis ordered lobster with a side salad and mashed potatoes while Harry opted for the Aberdeen Angus fillet steak with veggies and new potatoes on the side.

"Did her EpiPen come?" Louis asked once the waitress had walked away.

"Yeah, it came the other day. She's been carrying it in her backpack in the little pouch it came in." Harry answered sipping at his glass of water.

"Good, I feel better with her having that." Louis chuckled lightly.

"Oh so does Niall, poor lad is afraid he's going to give her something that she's allergic to." Harry responded.

"Well, he hasn't yet... he'll probably just stick to giving her what he's always given her." Louis said crossing his arms atop the table.

"I think he's worried she'll get into something cause he lets her get her own snacks and such." Harry replied. "Told him the likelihood is that she'll stick to what she knows she likes."

Louis nodded in agreement. They continued chatting quietly until their food came and then lapsed into silence, only speaking to murmur how good it was. When they were finished eating, Louis paid the tab, turning down dessert at the restaurant.

"Ready for the second part of our date?" Louis questioned as they walked out to the Audi.

"Yeah, haven't been to the London Eye in a while." Harry smiled, giving Louis' hand a gentle squeeze.

When they arrived at the London Eye, Louis checked into their reservation and they stepped into the reserved capsule, a cupid capsule Harry noted as he saw the bottle of champagne and truffles on a small table.

The host in the capsule poured them flutes of champagne and opened the box of truffles offering some to them as the capsule began to move. With their flutes in hand and some truffles on a small plate, they walked over to the other side of the capsule.

"I always liked seeing London from here." Louis spoke quietly taking a sip of champagne.

"Me too. I remember when we came here." Harry said looking down at his champagne flute. "You begged our mum's to let us go for our anniversary when we were 17 and 18..."