chapter one hundred

ابدأ من البداية

It's then that Mark notices and looks around the tent. He gets up to look closer and realizes there's a mix of selfies, pictures he's sure either Haechan or Chenle took, older pictures, and some he's never seen before, mostly of nature.

"Are these Jaemins pictures?"

"It would make sense for him to take pictures that are as pretty as him."

Mark laughs. "You're really whipped, dude."

Jeno rolls his eyes at the use of "dude". "Pumpkin-" He stops and redirects his thoughts. "I'm whipped for him, just like I'm whipped for Haechan, just like I'm whipped for you. I love you, Pumpkin. I love you so much and I want you to fall for me so I have a safe place to land while I'm falling too."

Mark nods, trying not to cry. "I love you too."

Jeno rushes at him, bringing him into a hug. Mark hugs him back, holding him as tight as he can. His chest hurts but it's a good kind of hurt. The kind you feel you're so overwhelmed with your feelings, the love, the relief, the comfort. He buries his face in Jenos shoulder, breathing him in, not wanting anything else.

"All good?" A voice asks.

The two look up and find their boyfriends staring at them, smiling nervously. Mark doesn't even respond, just throwing himself at them to hug them both.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Haechan caresses the back of his hair. "It's okay, Bubs, it's okay."

Mark whimpers, tears spilling out of his eyes. "I missed you guys calling me that. I missed being Jenos pumpkin, I missed your hugs and your smiles and your laughs. I missed you holding me, I missed everything."

Jeno joins the hug, backhugging Mark. "What makes you think you stopped being my pumpkin? That lasts forever."

Mark nuzzles against Jeno when he feels his lips on his neck. Then his lips are gone and Jaemin is holding his face, brown staring into his own.

"We missed you, Bubs. We missed you so much."

I missed you so much

"I missed you too." A moment passes. "I'm sorry."

"Bubs, it's okay."

Mark shakes his head against Jaemin and Haechans shoulders. "It's not. I should've talked to you guys and trusted you. If I did, then this wouldn't have happened."

"You needed a break and that is perfectly okay. You can take as many breaks as you want, we will always be here for you to come back to."

"You mean it."

"Yes. In fact", Haechan looks at Jeno. "Me and Jeno have something to ask you."

Mark lets out a little gasp as he realizes what's going on. He's nervous and really, really fucking excited.

"Pumpkin", Jeno says, gently pulling Mark to face him. "I already told them this sounds like a wedding vow and I've been threatened like six times-"

"More like ten."

"Like ten times to say it anyway. Starting with what I hope to you is obvious, I love you. And it's okay if you forget sometimes, I'll be here to remind you. I meant it when I told you I don't leave. I hate doing that. I want permanent people and I know you'll stay. Pumpkin, I never told you this 'cause I'm just as terrified to admit it as the rest of us, but I'm falling for you. It started with thinking you were cute and now everything about you is cute. Everything about you, I love. When you kissed me, I felt like I was dying. I couldn't believe you were kissing me and I couldn't believe you were kissing me like that-"