CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"Do I look fat, Nik?" Margot asked, now seven months into her pregnancy.

The hybrid chuckled from behind her as he wrapped his arms around her, resting his hands at the bottom of her belly. "You look ravishing, my love. If we didn't have to go, I'd take you to bed right now."

She grinned softly as she turned to face him before she snaked her arms up to his neck, playing with the hair on the nape of his neck, "You always know what to say."

Four Months Earlier

Margot made her way into Whitmore college. It had been two weeks since they had gotten back to the real world.

She glanced down at the paper in her hand before looking at the doors.

"27. 28. 29. 30!" She whispered quietly before knocking on the door. She could hear two heartbeats. It was them.

The door opened not a moment later which revealed a blonde and a brunette who both held shocked looks on their faces.

"Ma- Maggie?" Elena muttered as she pulled the heretic into a hug, Caroline following suit.

The heretic held onto the two women tightly. She had missed them more than she realized.

Their grip had also tightened on her which caused her to smile, "Not too tight. Wouldn't want to crush the little ones," She told them with a soft voice.

They quickly pulled away, the same shocked look on their faces as they glanced at her stomach.

"Little ones?" Caroline asked excitedly.

"You're pregnant?" Elena asked with the same amount of excitement.

Margot nodded with a bright smile on her face. "Twins."

Caroline squealed before speeding across the room and grabbing a binder, "We have so much planning to do! Get your beautiful asses over here!"

The heretic chuckled but nodded nonetheless. Her hand moved down to hold Elena's before they both walked over to the overjoyed blonde.

"Is Damon... Bonnie?" Elena asked as they looked through Caroline's baby shower binders.

"Damon's back. Bon Bon's still there. She sacrificed herself so we could come home. My uh my brothers there too."

"Kai?" Elena asked softly.

Margot smiled. One night, she had gotten wasted and told Elena small bits of her childhood. Nothing to do with her father, just Kai. She told her about their hide-and-seek matches, their magic lessons, even the time when Kai taught her how to bake. Sure, she wasn't very good but it was a nice memory.

Elena knew nothing about his family or Margot's father for that matter, not until Katherine told her that night in the tomb.

"Yeah. Kai's alive."

Elena smiled as she grabbed the girl's hand and gave it a squeeze, "I'm happy for you, Maggs. We'll get them back."

The heretic nodded, "Kol and I are working to find a spell. Since he used to be a witch he knows practically everything."

"The Mikaelsons are back in town?" Caroline asked.

"They came back as soon as they found out we weren't on a honeymoon in Bora-Bora. They aren't here to hurt any of you, I promise. They're just here to help me and Nik," She quickly reassured. She knew her friends were paranoid about the family of vampires.

"So is... Klaus the dad?"

She chuckled, "Yes. Nik is the father."

Elena laughed, "Those are gonna be some good-looking babies. You both have the genetics of gods."