CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Nik and Margot spent the week readjusting to society. Every day, Stefan and Lexi would take them out on walks before they went to lunch together.

Eventually, Stefan told her about Charlie and Margot was overjoyed. She knew Stefan struggled with love, especially after Katherine and Elena. She didn't care who he loved, she just cared that they loved him back.

Now, they were lounging in the boarding house, Margot laying down with her head on Nik's lap. "So, what have we missed?" She asked after a small pause.

Stefan shrugged, they had missed a lot if he was being honest. "Well... Elena compelled herself to forget Damon. Alaric is getting with a nurse... Jo, I think. Jeremy got his life back together..."

"And you two?"

"We stayed in New York for a little bit– then we moved back and you know the rest. What- What was it like there?"

"It was normal... lonely. That's actually what we wanted to talk to you about, dad..."

Stefan tilted his head, his eyes moving between the pair, "What is it?"

Margot glanced up at the hybrid, earning a soft nod, before looking back at her father, "I- I'm pregnant, dad."

Stefan's lips parted and his eyes widened. His voice was raised slightly as he spoke, "What?"

Margot chuckled, "Do we need to give you the talk, dad? We could explain how it happened but... I don't see any buckets so..."

"Please- Please don't explain it. I just- How are you... You're both vampires."

Nik nodded, "Since Margot is a heretic and I'm a hybrid there was a loophole. In the prison world, our vampire sides were weaker which made our 'human' sides stronger."

"And that's why you didn't get pregnant before," Stefan concluded, holding his head in his hands. "How far along?"

"Four months next week. Bonnie did a spell before we left... It's twins, dad."

Stefan breathed out before a smile appeared on his lips. "Twins?" He muttered before speeding over and pulling his daughter into a hug.

He glanced down at Nik, his smile fading, "You and I are going to talk," He said before looking back down at Margot, "I'm so happy for you, sweetheart."

— — —

Margot was sitting on her bedroom floor surrounded by old grimoires and empty tea cups. Apparently, since she was pregnant she was on a two coffee limit per day.

Stupid hybrid for getting her pregnant.

The other Mikaelson had made their way back to the dreadful town one by one after learning of the reappearance of their brother and Margot. Turns out, they had no idea they were even gone, Rebekah had even thought they eloped and were somewhere in the Bahamas.

Kol sat beside her as he helped her read the Latin books, searching for any spell that would help.

"So, this Kai guy... He's your brother? I didn't know you had one," He pondered as his finger traced down a page before flipping to the next one.

"Not by blood," Margot explained, "He took care of me and helped me hide being a siphoner from our covens. Kai had always been the black sheep of his family, they hated him for what he was so much so that his father beat him. Eventually, Kai snapped and killed the majority of them only to be sent there..."

Kol smirked, "Well when we get him back you'll have to introduce us. I think we'd be quite the duo."

She chuckled, "You'd be daggered within a week, Koala."