CHAPTER THIRTY

The Midnight Heretic was not born, she was forged. She needs no coven or any need for incantation, Her power exceeds any other, only to be matched by the immortal hybrid. Her destiny is to destroy or save the world.

Margot had always known she was different, from the way she acted to her inability to generate magic, she was always an outsider.

Her coven made sure she felt like an outsider like she didn't deserve to be an Alderidge.

Stefan was the first person who made her feel seen. He had made her feel like she was an actual person rather than an object.

He had taught her magic, he showed her love and given her a home.

"Love?" She heard Nik mumble from beside her as he pulled her body closer to his. "Why are you awake?"

Margot smiled at the softness of his touch, "No reason. Go back to sleep, Nik."

He stared at her through the darkness, "Nope. I'm not sleeping until you tell me what's wrong."

"What if I destroy the world? I- I just started liking this place, I don't want to lose it," She whispered as she stared out the window across from them, listening as the waves crashed against the shore.

Nik shook his head as he pulled her into his arms. Her back rested against his chest as he held her close to him, "You could never destroy the world, my love. I know you wouldn't."

"How do you know that? The book-"

"Forget about the book. It was written by some senile elderly witch who probably had far too many drinks. Think about Hope and Henry. You would never hurt them, right?"

She nodded slowly.

"Exactly, so why would you destroy the earth when you know that would hurt them? Margot, you have so much control over your magic, so much that you don't even hurt me when you siphon me. No other siphoner has been able to do that, not even the heretics. You are by far the strongest, bravest, most beautiful woman I have ever met."

Her frown slowly turned into a smile as she turned back to face him, "Thank you, Nik."

He shrugged as he held onto her, kissing her cheek, "You don't need to thank me, love. I would do anything for you."

Thirteen Years Later

"Grandpa Stefan, I swear to god!" The now 18 year old Hope Salvatore-Mikaelson yelled as she ran down the stairs of the Salvatore-Mikaelson mansion.

Margot chuckled as she looked at her dad, "What'd you do?"

"I spilled paint on her favourite jacket," He confessed as he hid behind her.

Nik chuckled as he walked into the room, Henry following after him, "You're fucked, Grandpa Stef."

Stefan rolled his eyes as he continued to hide behind Margot's body. It didn't do much considering he had much wider shoulders and was taller than her by at least five inches.

"Stefan!" Hope yelled loudly as she stalked inside the room. "I was going to wear this on my date and now it's ruined!"

Both Nik and Henry's heads whipped towards the teenage girl, "Date?"

Hope shrugged, "Yeah?"

"Why weren't we informed?" Nik asked as he went into what the kids called 'dad mode.'

"Mom was," Hope told him with a shrug.

Margot smiled as Hope walked towards her, "Do you think we can get it out, Mama?"