CHAPTER ONE

A few years had passed since Stefan saved her from her father. She had moved to New York and adopted a new name. Margot Salvatore.

She was 17 now. The same age as her father figure. Technically.

Stefan Salvatore, the man who saved her, is a vampire. A 162-year-old one at that. Stefan was kind, he made her feel safe which was something she hadn't felt for a long time. He knew what she was and he didn't care.

"We're all monsters in our own way, Maggie. We just can't them take over," he would tell her after she lost control.

Now as she was walking through time square her phone rang. Margot glanced down at the screen, seeing the contact 'bunny muncher' before answering.

"Hey, Stef. What's up?"

"Are you still in New York, Maggs?"

"Yeah? I'm just taking a walk. Why?"

His voice sounded different. Tenser as if it were forced.

"I need you to meet me in Mystic Falls."

"Mystic Falls? Stef, you hate it there, you said you were never going back."

The vampire sighed, "I know. Just come, please."

Margot glanced at her watch, noticing how late she was, "Alright... Are you okay? You sound scared."

"I'm okay, sweetheart. I love you."

"I love you too."

— — —

It was odd being back in Mystic Falls. Margot thought she would never go back, not after one of the tomb vampires tried to kill her. That was the first night she used her powers.

She hated them. She hated what she was. How could she not? It was all she was ever taught.

She sighed, glancing down at her hands before shoving them in her coat pockets as she walked inside the Salvatore boarding house.

"Margot is that you?" Stefan's voice filled her ears as she heard him tumble down the stairs.

"Mhm. I missed you," she whispers as she embraces him, his arms quickly wrapping around her waist. "I missed you too, sweetheart. How was New York?"

"Boring."

"I thought you met a girl? What was her name again... Bella? No... Brie."

"Things got too complicated so we decided we were better of as friends."

Stefan glanced down at her, his eyes filled with compassion. "I'm sorry, baby. I know how much you liked her."

Margot sighed, sending him a smile, "So, why did you call me to this stupid town?"

"Elena was kidnapped... Again."

She almost laughed. She loved Elena to bits but god was that girl a magnet to danger. "Again? Didn't she just get kidnapped last week?"

"She did... This time it's more serious though, Mag. Whoever is after Katherine, is after Elena and we think they have her."

Margot nodded, "I'll need to... you know."

Stefan stretched out his hand, letting her hold onto his palm a blue glow emitting from the touch. She only took what she needed before she quickly let go of him. She hated hurting him but it was the only way.

"I'll need something of hers. A hairbrush, picture, Jeremy if he's willing to do a blood donation."

"He's already on his way."