CHAPTER NINE

Chicago was interesting, to say the least. Margot didn't have any strong feelings toward the city other than the fact that she hated wind.

"Where are we going?" Stefan asked from the backseat of the car, watching as Klaus's hand spun on the wheel as they turned.

"We're going to see my 2nd favourite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

"Stefan! Stefan!" A sixteen-year-old Margot yelled as she ran down the stairs of their shared home.

"Yes?" Stefan answered as he wiped a drop of blood from his lower lip as he dropped a woman's body to the ground.

"Look!" She shouted excitedly as she turned herself invisible.

His eyes widened as he glanced around the room, "Where'd you go, sweetie?"

She only giggled as she continued to move around the room completely invisible. "Come find me!"

Klaus held open a door, letting Stefan and Margot enter the bar before he did. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" He commented, glancing at the vampire.

"I can't believe this place is still here."

A woman walked out from the back, "You gotta be kidding me."

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender–"

The woman put her hand up, "Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny..." She paused, glancing at Margot, a scowl on her face, "Her kind aren't welcome here. You can wait outside."

Margot chuckled while Klaus and Stefan glared. She should've seen it coming. Witches hated siphoners. It was a fact. That didn't stop the sting though.

It felt like her father was standing right in front of her. She shouldn't be scared, she should be angry. Why is she scared? What's wrong with her?

Stefan's hand slowly moved down to hers as he restrained himself from killing the woman.

"My friend stays," Klaus warned the witch after he heard Margot's heart rate spike. Dead or alive, young or old, witches were a pain in his ass.

Gloria, the witch, looked Margot up and down, her eyes taunting her. "Alright. The abomination can stay."

"Nice to meet you too," Margot said sarcastically as she walked away, going behind the bar to make herself a much-needed drink.

She poured a couple of shots of vodka into a glass before adding orange juice and grenadine. Once she was done, she quickly downed the vodka punch before making another.

Soon enough, Stefan joined her, mixing a drink for himself and Klaus as he stood beside her. "You okay, sweetheart?"

She nodded as she mindlessly stirred her drink, mixing the contents to create a soft pink colour.

"Hey, how about when we're done here we get some pizza? I remember this one place in the 20s', it was amazing."

A smile tugged on her lips as she turned to look at him, sending him a small nod.

"That's my girl," Stefan said with a smile as he put his arm around her shoulders, her head leaning against his shoulder as he continued to make a drink for the hybrid across the bar.

He glanced at the pictures strung on the wall, frowning when one stuck out to him. He stared at the image in confusion as he tore it from the wall. Margot glanced down at the picture, a frown appearing on her face as well.

It was Klaus and Stefan. In the twenties.

"What is this?" Stefan asked, holding the picture up to the hybrid.