CHAPTER THIRTEEN

When Margot woke, she was alone. The bed was warm as she reached over to where Nik once was. Her eyes opened in confusion only to see a small note with a coffee cup sitting on the nightstand.

She grinned slightly as she grabbed the cup, noticing a few ice cubes floating. It was his attempt at making an iced coffee. Cute.

She grabbed onto the note before reading,

'Good morning, little love,

I'm sorry for leaving without a goodbye, however, I should be back within the hour. Your uncle and I need to have a little chat about manners. I had one of the hybrids cook you breakfast, it should be ready by the time you wake. If you hear from your father, let me know, he has put me in a bit of a tough position with my family.

With love,

N.M'

She smiled slightly at the letter. She could practically hear her uncle's screams from across town.

By the time she had eaten her breakfast made by a lovely hybrid named Luke, showered and gotten dressed, Nik had once again walked inside.

The Original was of course covered in blood, a look Margot had gotten quite used to over the last few months.

"Good morning, love," He greeted as he walked into her bedroom where she was still in bed, reading one of the books she had stolen from Elijah's bedroom.

She sent him a smile as she set the book down after she carefully put a small piece of paper between the pages. Elijah would kill her if she creased a page. It was a limited edition.

"Morning, Nik. How was the torture session?"

He smirked as he gestured to the blood that was scattered on his face and clothing, "Quite wonderful. Very insightful. Did you enjoy your breakfast? I wasn't sure what you would want so I had them make an assortment."

His awkwardness amused her. "It was lovely, thank you, Nik. But you really didn't have to do all this," She said as she gestured around the bedroom he had created just for her.

"Of course I did. We're friends..."

"Friends with benefits don't usually give each other rooms filled with everything one could ever need, Nik."

"Well, I could give the room to Rebekah if you'd like."

Margot smirked, "Well make sure to do a good sweep of the room. Wouldn't want your little sister finding the mass of sex toys you have hidden all around."

He tilted his head, glancing over to a loose floor which held a few ropes beneath it, "You can keep the room. Besides, we aren't normal friends with benefits, love, I like to believe we are friends outside of our arrangement."

"Friends, huh?" She asked, a small smile on her face as she walked towards him. Her eyes stared into his as she stared up at him.

He was a goner and he knew it. A single look from her could and would melt him.

"Fr- Friends," He stuttered, his hands coming down to play with the clothing that covered her waist.

"Is that all we are, Niklaus?" She asked, her hands coming up to play with his hair. She had forced him to grow it out, letting soft curls replace what were once awfully styled short ones.

She had also forced him to stop using gel. She hated not being able to run her fingers through his hair.

"Is that all you want us to be?"

The question shocked her slightly. She wasn't expecting it. She hadn't dated anyone since Brie; even then, they weren't technically dating. What she and Brie had was a similar arrangement to hers and Nik's. Without the murder of course.