Chapter 20 : Foundation Day Pt.3

Start from the beginning

"Let's go and check it now." Sana said as she led the way to the principal's office.

"Hey! That's Leon!" Somi excitedly shouts as we walk near Hyeri, Chaeyoung and Leon.

"What are you guys doing?" Sana asked.

The three of them looked at us at the same time. "We're trying the cookies we baked earlier. Here, try it." Leon handed us the box full of cookies.

Sana excitedly got one and placed it in her mouth. Her reaction stopped me from getting the cookie from the box.

"Why? What's wrong?" Somi asked as she read Sana's reaction.

"Did you bake this, Leon? Sana asked calmly as she slowly munched the cookie.

"Aniyo, Hyeri did. Why, what's the problem?" Leon smirked and looked at Hyeri with a weird face.

Sana forced a smile on her face. "Well it's okay, it's just.."

"Why is there a problem with the taste of it?" Hyeri asked, almost whispering.

Chaeyoung stepped backward and shook her head, signaling Sana to say something nice.

Sana forced a smile on her face as she slowly swallowed the cookie without saying anything.

"What's with that reaction, Sana?" Somi said and started eating the cookie.

One, two , three chews, then Somi burst out.

"Yah what the hell is this? Why does it taste so salty, and the texture is really weird? It feels like you're eating wet mud."

"I told you it's like a wet poo!" Leon burst out with laughter as he teased Hyeri. I can see Chaeyoung's worried face about her friend.

"Why do you have to embarrass me in front of your friend Leon?" Hyeri stomped her feet as she took the box of cookies in Leon's hand.

"Hey wait!" I'm getting curious about the taste of the cookie. I reached the box and picked up half a cookie, then placed it in my mouth. I started munching it and nodded my head slowly.

"Is this the first time you baked a cookie?" I asked Hyeri.

"Yes, it is my first time and I just followed the instructions that were given to us earlier." Hyeri replied, still annoyed with Leon.

"This is actually great for the first time. When I first baked a cookie, the taste was much more terrible than this. You put a lot of water in it, that's why the dough becomes like that , and you should use 1/2 teaspoon for the salt not a full teaspoon."

"Oh yeah Jennie is good at baking," Somi added.

I saw her face lighten up with what I said. "Really? I will try to make another cookie and let me know if its good okay?" Hyeri replied with a smile on her face now.

"I would love to try it, and if you need help you can call me. I'll be happy to teach you how to bake cookies."

"Woah! Thank you Jennie!!" Hyeri looks so happy as she clasps my hands.

I gave her a reassuring smile and patted her back. "You're welcome!"

The sun was about to set and we continued to check the other booths together with Hyeri , Chaeyoung and Leon.

The broadcasting department students approach us if we want to play the games in their booth.

"Do you guys want to play our game? There will be prizes."

"What game are we going to play?" Somi excitedly asked them. Chaeyoung, Hyeri , and Sana looked so excited as well.

"The newspaper game!" The student replied.