Part 47

A week later Seth took another gamble, "Evie, I've booked us flights down to Nelson."

"Nelson?" Evie frowned, now what she wondered. The last few days, as if their camp was just a figment in her brain, they returned to their normal practice. Dealing with the girls, Evie out at the shed at Elsie and Sam's place, and Seth had meetings for his company that took him away for two nights.

He nodded. "I thought we could visit Trina and Matt, and the baby." And this time might help them. Having time for just the two of them with out gran, or the girls, or the demands of their own respective businesses, and their camp showed they could do with time with just the two of them.

"But..."

"Gran said she'd look after the girls for the weekend, like last weekend. And they've promised to be on their best behaviour." He added before she could use it as an excuse. "It would look odd if I went on my own."

"Oh, yes, of course."

"And it would be nice to have you to myself. And I know the last week was not what we thought after the camp." He told her, when he saw that his previous statement had dampened her enthusiasm. Plan A wasn't going down too well, for it was obviously, while their physical relationship was easily reignited, as seen last week, it was the fact he had failed to pay attention to their connection. For the last five days, after they returned after their camp, not much had changed, mainly because they had not coordinated their individual diaries. So their professional duties for their companies the last five days rendered the weekend camp an anomaly. And he knew, the camp did not fix their current relationship, for various reasons, the key one being her summer holidays was always spend there, because she could not afford to go to any place. And as his grandmother said, Evie probably thought he did want people to see Evie with him so that is why he suggested the camp as holiday and did not take her on a real holiday.

Cautiously he considered his next few words. He needed something that was akin to emotional blackmail because she certainly wasn't buying his honesty. "I think we have started our relationship backwards, if you know what I mean. And we are going to have to do something about that. Our relationship is important to me." He made it sound plausible. He followed her. "The think is, Gran thinks you think I took you away for the weekend, the camp, because you think I would be embarrassed if I took you to a hotel." She looked poleaxed by the thought.

"No, of course not." She denounced.

"And while I did not tell gran," he grinned at Evie, "that we had bloody good sex at the camp," Evie rolled her eyes, while her cheeks flushed with mortification, his smile grew, "but I did not suggest a camp for sex, I suggested it because we would be there, just us two, with no one around. And for your information, I want people to see us, with me draped all-over you!"

She snorted and said with irony, "Yes, I really can see that" 

 "Are you into public demonstrations of affections?" Seth quirked an eyebrow and wondered whether she would flirt.

She rolled her eyes. What was wrong with the man? Of course she loved public demonstrations of affections, just that it was rare, with her. Her father had never even patted her on her head, let alone a hug. "I am more interested to see if you are into private demonstrations." She mumbled and moved away.

He came closer, "Sorry? I missed that?"

"Nothing." She glanced over her shoulder, and thought it was better if she just goes with the flow. Best not to expect anything, then, if you get something, that is a bonus. She nearly chuckled at her idiocy. She frowned, she had never gone to the south island. Never been on a plane. So of course this will be a new experience. And as she said, do not expect anything and when you get something, it is a bonus, and this was bonus. "So, flights down to Nelson?"

"We would need to leave within the next hour."

"One hour?" She shrieked. "One hour? Are you kidding?"

"Yes. Come Evie, I know you can pack one small suitcase," He paused and wondered if she had a suitcase. "Actually, not a suitcase, just put stuff in bag, if you have sport bag, we will only be away for two nights. So, the usual, toothbrush and stuff."

Just the usual, she chuckled, this was unusual for her. He watched her reaction and he was not sure if she was happy or not. "Evie, are you ok about this?"

"About what?"

"This trip?"

"Yes, of course."

"Good, can you pack fast? We really have to leave within the hour to catch the flight. Trina was going to collect us, but I said we will catch a taxi to their place.  And I intend to entertain the baby, actually, a toddler."  And with obvious pride, he said, "I am his godfather."

"Which you love..."

"And they will love you." He placed a kiss on the top of her head, "Come on. Pack,  don't bring pajamas!" He wiggled his eye brows and grinned.

She snorted. "Yes, right, you think I am going wander around your friends' place practically starkers?"  She snorted again.

Twenty minutes they left  the house and he drove them to the airport to catch the flight to Nelson. He was not sure whether he, or Evie enjoyed the flight, more. He loved watched her reaction to the experience, and understood her excitement when she told him, this was her first flight. He also loved the fact that she reached for his hand, when the plane trundled along the tarmac apron, and she gripped his hand when the plane hurtled down the runaway before leaving the ground. She then spend the rest of the short trip, peering through the oval window and smiled with utter delight. Simple pleasures he thought. 

While they waited for a taxi to take them to the hotel that Seth had arranged, she said to him, "You know, we can't do this every weekend."

"Do what?"

"Ignore the fact we have responsibilities. The girls?" She prompted.

"We have not forgotten our responsibilities. And the girls are delighted that I am doing something about our relationship."