"...killing Elijah." Stefan finished and Elijah nodded from where he stood next to me, listening. 

"Exactly." I agreed and Stefan huffed a breath on the other end. 

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty." He told me and Elijah smirked a bit at that, I swatted at him and he ducked it. 

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." I said, hoping my tone sounded smug. 

"He's an Original. We don't know what all that encompasses." Stefan reminded me. 

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises." I said and Elijah nodded at that. 

"Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" Stefan asked and I bristled at that a little bit. Rose placed a hand on my arm and I exhaled.

"Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of us. Got to run. I've a murder to plan. Busy day." I said before hanging up the phone. 

"I think he took the bait." I commented and Elijah nodded. 

"Alright, if you two will excuse me, I have agreed to go with Carina and Ms. Jenna on a walk of the old Fell property." He said before leaving. 

"Bye Elijah!!" Rose called after him. 

Carina POV:

Jenna and I were escorting Elijah around and chatting. 

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna told Elijah as he kept my hand tucked into his arm. 

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families." Elijah said, a sardonic tone in his voice. 

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." Elijah informed us. 

"Do you mean actually living through it, instead of research?" I asked him and he smirked at me, causing me to blush. 

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asked, interested and also smirking at the blush on my face. 

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything." Elijah said and Jenna laughed. 

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna teased and I nodded, giving Elijah a look from under my eyelashes. 

"Don't I know it! This one threatened to shorten Damon's life over touching me." I told them and Elijah looked a bit embarrassed. 

"Yes, they are." He agreed, knowing that he was talking about himself in that. Alaric walked up to us and we all looked at him. 

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduced and I realized that Ric must be in some deep shit if boyfriend had been dropped from the introduction. 

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric lied and it was obvious that he was here to protect Jenna rather than talk about history. 

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah commented and I smiled at him. 

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec. Rina, come help me with this." Jenna said and I untangled my hand from Elijah's arm and he grabbed my hand to press a kiss to it. I blushed and quickly followed Jenna to her car.