ALTERNATIVE EPILOGUE

Our day had arrived. After months of planning, it was time. Fin and I cared little for the tradition and fuss of a big wedding. We opted for a courthouse wedding, the two of us wanted our day to be intimate and shared by those who we care most for. My dress was hanging over the closet door next to Fin's suit. His suit was our something old, the same one he wore to homecoming all those years ago when I became his.

Lou and the girls were coming over to help me get ready. Fin had been banished to our guest room for the next hour, his moms' orders. Jules' first job was to give Fin his suit and remind him to eat something. Fin's worse habit was not eating when he was nervous and I do not need him passing out on me today of all days. I was sat at my vanity watching everyone else busying themselves with anything that would help. Taylor was supplying the fizz, Lou was steaming my dress, Jules was put to work sorting accessories now she was back in the room. Apparently, my job was to sit and relax.

"Bella," Lou says from behind me, "I want you to have this." She says dropping a hair clip on to my desk, "I wore it when I married Fin's dad, I always hoped to give it to my daughter. Since I can't, I want you to have it. Then I want you to pass it on to any kids you two have."

"Lou, its beautiful." I say turning to hug her, "I'll treasure it." She squeezes me back and I smile back up at her.

"I always knew you'd be part of our family." She whispers and its true she said it the first time we met and now she's saying again on our wedding day.

"I'll take care of him Lou, don't you worry about it." I promise. Her hand goes to her face to wipe away some stray tears. Lou apologises for getting so emotional but I assured her it was all fine and perfectly normal. I shooed her off to Fin so she could be with him before we left. Lou leaves the room with a final hug.

Taylor starts on my hair finding a way to show off the clip Lou had given me, in the end she settled on a half up, half down look with the clip as decoration- she made it work and it looked great. Jules grabbed the dress from the wardrobe door, but before she passed it to me she pulled out a bag from the closet.

"A gift from the groom, your something new." I recognised the brand, it belonged to a high-end lingerie brand. Of course, this is his gift to me, a smile spreads across my faced as I slip into the bathroom. He chose a beautiful white matching set that was all lace, there was a note in the bottom of the bag.

'I really hope you like it as much as I do. Can't wait to see it on our bedroom floor later.'

I laugh and curse his name under my breath.

Once I'm dressed, I leave the bathroom and head back into my room where I get the girls to button me up. My dad is waiting outside the door so I give him the signal to come in. When he came in the smile on his face widened and I think I could see some tears. His tears triggered mine until we were both full on crying.

"Bella, you look, wow- its official my baby girl is no longer a baby. Fin is a lucky guy to have you by his side." He says pulling me in for a hug, "I wish your mom could you see now." He whispers in my ear. My mom is somewhat a sore subject, she was convinced Fin and I were done for good and was not pleased to hear we'd gotten back together. You can imagine her anger when we got engaged, we did try to make amends and send her an invite but she rsvp'd no. It was pretty clear how she was feeling. My dad was the only parent I needed, he wouldn't spend the day making snide remarks and throwing dirty looks. His reaction to me in the dress was proof enough he was happy with who I was with.

Dad and I left the bedroom and headed downstairs where everyone was waiting for us. Jules was the first to notice and her gasp made everyone else look up, Taylors reaction mirrored Jules. Fin's reaction was the most important- whilst he had seen the dress, he has yet to see me in it. This was his first time seeing it on, his smile told me everything I needed to know. My dad unhooks our arms and I walk over to Fin.