FIFTEEN

I could only describe being back at school in one word- hell. It honestly feels like we had zero time off but it's now back to projects and boring teachers. Most of today has been pure torture just endless typing and fine tuning- I just need one lesson of rest, no more typing or rereading the same sentence. English is what I have next which I definitely won't get a rest in as I still have to complete my poem.

In the back of the room is Taylor, who looks for some reason relaxed and happy- wished I felt like that. Happy Taylor is something I avoid as whatever makes her happy is usually on the weirder side. So, I just take my seat and wait for the class to officially begin. Like expected we were working on our projects which were due tomorrow so I was feeling the pressure. I am taking no distractions today so Taylor can continue to be weirdly happy and I won't be staring at Fin all lesson.

This actually the first time in months I've paid full attention, well almost full attention someone kept blowing up my phone and I was about ready to throw it. Excusing myself to the bathroom I check my phone and see it is Fin who is blowing up my phone. It seems he's worried about me because I look stressed, of course I'm stressed is he stupid- his stupidity does not warrant an answer. Closing the messages, I head back to class and straight to my seat where I continue to complete my poem.

Towards the end of the class, I pack my stuff up and when it's time for everyone to leave I wait behind; the stress has now faded as I finally had finished the poem. "Why so stressed?" He asks as I sit opposite him.

"Poetry does not come easy." I explain.

"Poetry is a no then." He comments.

"Big no." I enforce.

"Thought you would have had the poem done by now."

"I was going to do it this weekend but I had a hot date."

"Oh, so you have abandoned schoolwork for a boy?" He asks.

"No, I abandoned it for a man." I correct.

"Well, that is not acceptable is it?"

"Obviously not Mr Henry." Something switched in him when I said that.

"Are you trying to seduce me Miss Wilson."

"I might be."

"Hmm, I'm not easily seduced."

"I can change that." I say winking at him.

"Come around later, I reckon you need to be taught a lesson. One I can't teach you at school."

"I'll see you later Mr Henry." I say walking out the classroom.

In the canteen I spot the girls quite easily, just had to look for the person with the goofiest looking smile. "Good afternoon, ladies."

"It really is."

"Oh, she is love struck, was wondering what you were so smiley about."

"She won't tell me what's going on." Jules explains.

"It's probably her new friends." I guess.

"You would be correct." She confirms.

"Is that all we are going to get?" Jules asks.

"They are coming here; they have family close so they'll be coming for thanksgiving and the week after."

"Definitely explains the goofy smile." I comment.

"So, we won't be seeing you at all over thanksgiving." Jules concludes and Taylor agrees with a nod.

"I'll be around, Fin's going back home for a few days." Our school doesn't do thanksgiving break as we have our fall one so we just get the Thursday and Friday off.