TWENTY-SEVEN

This morning was an absolute whirlwind and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Everything was fine when we first got up, the two of us had breakfast and then we went to get ready. That's when everything went pear shaped- his mom walked in on us kissing. After that I made sure to make my escape. I felt bad for leaving Fin to deal with the aftermath, but I couldn't be there I was so embarrassed and slightly annoyed- I only stayed because Fin told me I would be gone before she got up. When she walked in her face was a mix of confusion and the tiniest bit of disgust, I couldn't pick up what she was muttering but I can hazard a guess and say it wasn't positive.

Walking to school gave me a lot of time to think things over, like what will Fin say to her, how is she going to take it- there was a lot going through my head. All day worry has run through my veins making me think that only the worst could happen; I couldn't concentrate the entire day. One thing I knew for certain was that I needed to go back when I finish school and try to win over his mom.

The girls finally realised something was up at lunch after Taylor pointed out how zoned out I was during the English and how apparently 'I wouldn't stop looking at teach's desk'- that I believe to be false.

"Fin's mom walked in on us." I state. Both of their faces are taken over by shock and the slightest bit of sympathy.

"Were you at least fully clothed?" is the first question to come out of Jules or Taylor mouths.

"One of us was." I answer.

"Okay so not completely world ending." Taylor concludes, that earns her a shove from Jules.

"Oh yeah, his mom walking in on their forbidden romance that may be illegal isn't world ending." Jules huffs.

"It's his mom she won't do anything too drastic, unless she hates him." She explains shooting me a questioning look.

"She loves him."

"See, no harm is going to come from this." Taylor rationalises.

"Guess me and him are even."

"Even how, none of your parents have walked in on you two."

"My dad knew about us since day one essentially and Fin weren't even conscious when I confirmed it."

"So somewhat even then." Jules concludes.

The girls didn't touch the subject after lunch instead they leave me to my supposed moping. However, the closer to the end of the day we get the more the moping is masked by my nerves. After one short walk I could be dealing with the ending of my relationship. Realistically how likely is it for her not to condone it, there is no way she is going to be supportive. Fin speaks highly of his mom and how she always has had his back and warned him off doing anything stupid- some would say the risk we took with our relationship was stupid.

My feet lead me to the door where I take one big breath before opening it and stepping in. Dropping my bag on the floor, I shout Fin's name trying to locate him; from his reply I can guess he's in the kitchen. When I turn the corner to the kitchen I'm greeted with Fin and his mom sat at the table.

"Come sit dear." His mom offers and I take a seat next to Fin, "I'm not going to say much. I know the full story behind your relationship and while I don't fully support, I can tell how much you too really care for each other- plus you two have been through enough lately. Just please be more careful."

"We will mom, don't worry." He promises.

"Now I've said my peace I think it's time I make myself sparce."

"You don't have to." I state.

"I'm sure you two don't want me around. I'm betting you two haven't had much time alone in the last week."