His fingers lightly traced up an inch then back down. I looked intently into his eyes. He wasn't lying.

"That's awful nice of you...but doesn't she have anyone else to help her but you ?"

"Yes and no. Her section lead has helped her a ton but I...I'm obligated Mila." He said, a pained expression crossing his face. "Her daughters dad was my best friend. He killed himself."

💋💋

Suicide in the military is far more common than most people think. It happens for a variety of reasons. My dad had lost marines to it throughout his career. The wars made it worse, only compounding the situation. The fact Luca suffered such a close loss made me feel for him. I had no idea.

"I'm sorry Luca. I know there's nothing I can say.."

He leaned in, wrapping his arms around me, tugging me to the edge of my seat.

"I should have told you. Then none of this mess would have happened. There's nothing going on between Leer and I, I promise you. I just promised Grey, that I'd look after his daughter if anything happened to him."

I inhaled his scent and nestled my face into his neck. Poor guy. He was trying to be noble and do something extraordinarily hard. I couldn't do it, if I was in his shoes.

"Luca.." I said softly.

He pulled back and looked at me. "You still want to date me right? If not I understand.."

The words made me smile. Of course I wanted that. I was falling, hard.

"I do, I want you.." I said.

His lips were on mine before I could finish my sentence. I groaned as his hands reached under the back of my shirt. They gripped my bare hips then traveled upwards. We were in the parking lot, anyone could see us. But he didn't care. He was intent to show me that he wanted me, and to unload all his pent up emotions.

After a few long minutes, he released his hold on my lips. He was breathless and so was I. We stared at each other, his eyes seeking answers in mine. My heart screamed 'yes' and my head only had a few questions...but they could be answered later. Now was most definitely not the time to run.

"Do you want to come over? I have leftovers in the fridge." I blurted out.

He smiled and tucked a chunk of my hair behind my ear. It was a loving gesture and made me feel cared for.

"Sure. I'd love that."

He kissed me softly and then shut the door for me, smiling softly as he walked to his Jeep next to mine. I felt content, but mildly worried about the promise made to his friend. It meant he would be helping the blonde sergeant more, for who knows how long. I understood why but something about it made me uneasy.

Would it be ok, in the end?

I was taking a big risk with my heart.

💋💋

Luca parked behind me in the driveway. He got out quickly and opened my door, the gentleman in him bursting to come out.

"Thank you." I said, giving him a smile.

He leaned in before I could climb out and kissed me again. This time he tasted like cinnamon mints. It was unexpected but I pictured him hurriedly eating something on the way here. It made me smile into his mouth.

"What's that for?" He grinned back, in between our lips moving.

I smiled bigger. He reached for my waist and tugged me into him, my legs spread in the seat. His hardness hitting my leg. Dirty thoughts entered my mind. Having sex in my Jeep flashed in my mind. Yeah, we needed to get to that point. I had a feeling it might happen tonight.

"You're so cute." I said.

He pushed his tongue in, dominating the kiss. I moved my hips so I was pressed against him hard. My body needed contact. This was like a dream. I hoped it was really happening and not just my imagination.

"Let's go inside before we get too far." He breathed.

Dizzily I let him help me down out of the Jeep. Now I was at a height disadvantage. My core ached and I couldn't stop thinking of what Luca could do in bed. We were definitely going to go all the way tonight. If I had any say in it.

"Stop thinking dirty thoughts.." He whispered by my ear as I unlocked the front door.

"You're killing me!" I whispered.

We walked inside and Luca shut the door, locking it. I might as well have been a lioness, and he a gazelle or some form of prey, I wanted him that badly.

"I thought you said I was cute?"

He was grinning, he knew how sexually frustrated I was. The dang guy.

"Oh you're cute...and frustrating."

Taking my hand he led me to the kitchen.

"I'm frustrating you already? That's not good. What have I done?"

He knew.

"It's ok. If you want to make me wait longer I'll just use my friend."

He tipped my chin up to lock eyes with me. "What friend?"

"The kind most all women have, the battery taking kind."

His irises darkened, the green coming out more. It appeared he didn't like that answer.

"Oh...that friend isn't welcome here anymore. We're going to throw that one away. You won't have need for it, that I can guarantee you."

My brain went mushy as he reached down to trace a line from my cheek to my neck, then on down over my collar bone to the side of my breast. He traced the underside of it then swirled towards the middle where my nipple was. My breathing stopped, waiting for more contact.

"Let's eat something first. I want to take my time, not rush it."

I almost whimpered but didn't. My god was he good at foreplay.

"Ok." I said, reluctantly walking to the fridge.

I could act cool...

"Just so you know, I'm not dating anyone else but you Mila. We are exclusive."

"That's good. I don't think I could handle more than one boyfriend."

"I don't want you to think I'm ever being dishonest. That's not the type of man I am. I'm a lot of things, but not that."

I plopped plastic containers down on the counter and looked at him. He was being open and real with me.

"I know."

**This story is only found on Wattpad. If found on another site, it was stolen. Thank you for reading.💋**