Grover was even more insistent. One day, the guy just plopped down at Percy's table during lunch to say his thanks for helping out with a few bullies and then the redhead was around all the time after that, no matter how hard Percy tried to get rid of him.

Percy was a little embarrassed at how miserably his plan to shun any and all relationships was failing so far. A little over two months at this school, and he had already made four too many 'friends.'

There was simply no avoiding Grover though; he would just show up at the back of the class, telling Percy anything and everything about the environment or the trees or something. Or sometimes the curly haired boy would find him between periods to gush about Juniper, and Percy would lean against his locker, half-listening while his eyes followed Annabeth across the hallway.

He was doing the very same thing now; partially listening to Grover as he raved about this new earth documentary on Netflix, while Percy's gaze was glued to the door, waiting for her to enter.

As usual, just before the bell, she finally waltzed into class with her friends, wearing her hair in a loose bun, with jeans and beautiful flowy blouse. It was more laid back than her usual outfits, but she still looked utterly ethereal in it. She was glowing, so much so that it was difficult to stare directly at her, and everyone else just looked dim and distorted in comparison.

He noticed that he wasn't the only one looking her way, everyone seemed just as mesmerized by her presence as he was. Maybe it came with the whole 'being popular' territory, or maybe it was simply due to the fact that she was simply the most stunning person he had ever laid eyes on.

She sat down in the front with her friends and before long, his mind began wandering as he gazed at her elegant neck and the delicate ridges along her back. He wanted to plant more dark hickeys on her. He didn't think he'd ever get enough of the sound of her panting breaths as he sucked and kissed marks onto her soft skin. There were so many things he'd still like to do to her, and he didn't see his fantasies running out any time soon, not when each new day he managed to concoct more and more convoluted ways to make her unravel.

"Do you like Annabeth?" Grover asked suddenly, breaking his focus.

Percy whipped his head around, "what?"

Grover looked sheepish, "sorry, I just noticed you staring."

Percy frowned defensively, "whatever, everyone was staring. It's human nature to look when someone enters a room."

Grover grinned, "I mean you weren't looking at her friends, but I won't bring that up."

Percy flushed and bumped Grover's shoulder, "shut up."

Grover shrugged, overly innocent, "it's okay, I get it, man. We're not as close as we used to be, but she's still a good friend of mine. Everyone is obsessed with her; they have been since she hit puberty."

"I'm not obsessed with her," Percy argued.

Grover put his hands up, "I know, I'm not saying that. I've just seen guys go after her for years, so I wouldn't blame you. I mean I have Juniper, but I get it, Annabeth is great, and she's pretty and she's nice, once you get to know her."

Percy thought 'pretty' was kind of putting it lightly, but he digressed.

"I mean yeah, she's pretty," Percy conceded. "But I'm not looking to date or anything, and we barely know each other. We've only worked together a few times for our school project, we're not about to become a couple, all of a sudden," he deflected.

"I know, I just think you guys could be cute together. You're this dark, lonely skater boy, and she's like a pretty, academic popular girl, I mean how adorable is that?" Grover said cheerfully. "But, you know, no pressure," he shrugged.