9| Hear Me Out

HEART TO HEART - Mac Demarco

𝕂𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕪
𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕖𝕕
𝕎𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕝𝕤
ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥

𝕂𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕖𝕕 𝕎𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕝𝕤 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥

AMELIA MILLER

"Damon, what the fuck are you doing here?" I shot him a dirty look as he stood in front of my door.

"I'm hear to explain what you saw. I'm so sorry Amy." he explained, almost pleading.

"First of all, don't call me Amy. Second, I don't want to hear what you have to say. You're full of shit Damon. Please Leave."

"But, I-" he tried to plead his case.

"Save it douchebag. She asked you to leave...so beat it." Nicky said, nodding her head towards the door.

Damon walked away with a look of defeat painted on his face and slouched posture. Was I supposed to care? This week is already shit and he just had to show up and make it worse.

I unlocked the apartment door praying that Jess wasn't gonna show up anytime soon. Nicks walked in ahead of me and took my bags to my room.

"Such a gentlewoman." I laughed sitting down on my bed.

"Of course m'lady." she grabbed my hand and kissed it before plopping down next to me, causing us to both breakout in a fit of laughter.

Moments like this make me incredibly grateful for Nicky. I'm grateful for her anyway but today, there's just slightly more gratitude.

She's always just there for me.

"Come stay with me for the weekend." Nicky blurted out after our laughter died down.

"Huh?" I questioned, making sure I heard her correctly.

Not that she made an outrageous proposal, but, Nicks is sort of a private person.

When we hang out, it's at another friend's house or Jess and I's apartment. Nicks lives alone and she likes it that way. She must feel really bad for me, ha.

"You seem like you need a break from reality and my house is quiet. I have a second room and it could be fun." she explained.

"Okay, thank you Nicks. I'll go pack a bag real quick."

•••

"Nicks do you have any micellar water?" I called out from Nicky's guest bathroom.

Nicky has her own 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. She grew up in a rich family, but similar to Damon she doesn't present herself as such. Maybe I have a type...