7| First Heartbreak

i wanna be your girlfriend - girl in red

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕓𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕
𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕜𝕚𝕤𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕡𝕤

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕓𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕜𝕚𝕤𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕡𝕤

NICKY NEWTON

About 2 hours later...

       3:00 in the afternoon, I hear an incredibly loud ding noise coming from under my pillow. Fuck my head hurts. I've slept for way too long.

Aims ❤️‍🔥👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
Hey Nicks, can you come to the apartment? I need you.

       I've been partying and drinking this whole weekend. I was taking a power nap for a party that I'm going to later. Now, don't get me wrong, partying is fun, but hangovers...not so much. They suck, actually.

Here's some advice: Don't drink kids.

       Despite my current headache worsening from opening Amy's message, I replied, telling her I'd be over asap.

       I love Aims, I never miss out on a chance to hangout with her. And, when she says she needs me, know that I'll be there.

       If I'm being honest, I love everything about her. Her fluffy hair that smells like coconut and pineapples is my favorite scent. Her laugh and her voice are my favorite sounds. Her presence is just my favorite thing ever. Anywhere with her is my favorite place. And let's be honest...she's a babe.

Shit, I definitely sound like I'm in love with her all over again.

       Snapping myself out of my thoughts, I changed out of my clothes and turned on the shower.

       As I stepped inside, the warm water coated my skin. Warmth. One of my favorite feelings. Warmth is one of those feelings you get when you're snuggled up in your favorite comforter. Or when you settle down with a warm beverage. My warmth is Amelia.

       After taking some tylenol, getting cleaned up and getting rid of my awful hangover I headed out to Amy's.

...

       I knocked on Amy and Jess's apartment door only to be greeted by a sad looking Amy.

       She stood just a few inches shorter than me with a huge hoodie on. In one hand, she had a tub of cookie dough ice cream. She used her free hand to open the door.

       Without greeting me she headed back to her bedroom. Naturally I followed her.

Her room was a mess.

       Clothes thrown on the floor, tissues on the nightstand, an overflowing wastebasket and a messy nightstand. The room was dark with the only light coming from the TV screen which was playing reruns of Greys Anatomy.

"Aims, what's going on?" I asked, seeing a side of her I haven't seen in a while.

"Nicks I-" she started to speak as her eyes welled up with tears.

"What happened babe?"

"It's been such a shitty day, Nicks. I got fired from the record store and I went over to Damon's only to find him making out with another woman."

        This news didn't surprise me. Well, the part where she got fired did surprise me. She loved that job, no matter how much Jess and I teased her about it, she really loved it. But as far as Damon is concerned, I never liked the motherfucker.

       The fact that he was the reason for the tears on her face made my blood boil. It also reminded me of a similar situation when we were just sixteen.

Amy's first heartbreak.

      One day, I went to Amelia's house to check on her after school.

       She didn't go to school that day because she was "sick." I called bullshit and had to see for myself. I was right. She wasn't sick. I think she would've rather been sick though.

       I walked into her room to find her watching Gilmore Girls as she cried and cried. It was heartbreaking to see, but it was almost ironic as it was a classic movie scene breakup. She had the ice cream, the tissues, blankets, you name it.

       When she noticed I entered the room she looked at me with her beautiful, yet teary, sad eyes.

"Aw, Aims, what happened?" I asked, frowning at her visible pain.

"He cheated on me Nicks."

       In that moment I felt incredibly sad for Amelia. She really liked this football player who smelled like sweat and axe. His name was Brady Jensen.

While I felt sad for Amy, I felt sad for Brady too. What idiot would cheat on Amy? Cmon now.

       I walked over to her bed and sat down. After kicking my converses off, I climbed into the the blankets and wrapped my arms around her from behind. I felt her move and panic set in, did I make her uncomfortable?

       Despite my thoughts, it seemed to be the complete opposite.

       She turned around a buried her head in my chest, silently crying. The sight truly broke my heart and made me want to beat Brody's ass.

"Nicks?" she mumbled.

"Yes Aims?"

"What's wrong with me?"

Absolutely nothing my love, you're perfect.

"Oh cmon Aims, there's nothing wrong with you. It's that idiot Brody. He's probably all jacked up and confused on steroids." I joked, earning a slight chuckle from Amy which made both of us feel a bit better.

"I love you, Nicks." she said, giving me a hug before returning to her Gilmore Girls marathon.

"I love you too Aims."

More than you'll ever know.

_

"I'm so sorry Aims, c'mere." I said, pulling her into my arms, once again and climbing into her bed.

"I actually liked him Nicks." Amy said, crying, with her head on my chest.

Ew, I don't know why...

"I know you did Aims." I said, stroking her hair, comforting her to the best of my ability.

"Thanks for always being her Nicks. I love you."

I love hearing her say things like that.

"I'll be here whenever you need me, Aims. I love you too."

Once again, more than you'll ever know.

966 words ❤️‍🔥

A/N- Hello everyone!! I hope y'all liked the Nickelia content! 😂😂😂

Anywayyy...I personally loved this chapter a lot. It's probably my favorite so far!

Team Nicky or Team Damon? Nickelia or Damelia?

Fun fact: I wrote this before chapter 5 was published! 😮

Don't be a silent reader! Vote and comment please! 💓💓💓