Meant To Be Together N.R

Start from the beginning

"Thank you..."

You didn't know what else to do. So you started helping Miss Fletcher to pack, your mind constantly thinking of the mysterious girl you saw earlier.

—-

You started going out to your tree to read a lot, hoping to be able to see the girl once again but you didn't. It saddens you a little that you weren't able to see her. Was she caught? Or did she manage to survive and find a place to live?

"Hey!"

You jumped visibly before looking up. The same girl as the other day was looking at you from the tree. "W-what? How are you still here?"

"I didn't stay here all the time, dummy! I jumped off and managed to figure out how people live around here. What do you think?" She landed on the ground and gave a spin for you to look at her clothes.

"How?" She was only here for one week and she has already fit into this society, surviving by herself. Unlike you, who have been here your entire life, you felt so helpless and weak, unable to do anything without help.

"You mean how I got these?" You nodded. "People here are so gullible. I just told them I needed a bit of help and they gave me lots of things." She crossed her legs and sat in front of you.

"Are you not afraid that I'll tell people about you?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "You're not running away now. No matter what, I came from hell, I understand people's desire." She looked at you like she was able to look through you, and see your motives.

As you were about to open your mouth to speak, you heard Miss Fletcher calling out your name and you hurried to chase the girl away. How was it that after two encounters with the mysterious girl, you have gained more confidence to talk to her than the people around you for the past few years of your life?

"Where have you been? I thought you would be in your room at this time of the day." Miss Fletcher said when she saw me enter.

"I decided that I needed some air and away from the kids." Thankfully she took it and left me alone.

You decided to head back to your room to have some peace and think over what had happened over the last few weeks of your life. You hadn't even begun thinking when you heard a knock on your window. Was there someone outside? Surely not, this was the fifth floor. When you opened the window, the girl was hanging by the ledge. You stuck your head out further and she was not held by anything. Did she climb all the way up?

"What the heck do you think you are doing?" You stuck your hand our for her and pulled her into your room. "You're lucky no one saw you climbing the wall."

"You're worried about me." She smirked.

"I'm not! I'm worried about myself. What would they think if a stranger like you climbed to enter my room?" You raised your voice, fortunate that most of the others were out from their room and were unable to here you speaking to yourself.

"I'm not a stranger, we've met a few times already."

"I don't even know your name."

"My name is Natasha. There, you know it now. What's yours?"

"Y/N... why should I tell you anyway."

"Darling... I know you want to get out of this place. I can take you out of here. Both of us, together we can do anything."

"I can't do anything out of here. I'm doomed."

"What?? You can! You are an angel. I am a demon. Together we can accomplish a lot of great things." She started talking all about the fantasy you once thought of when you first arrived here. But you have also thought of all the ways it could end up badly.

"I can't get away from here... the walls are too high... and I don't know how to climb. I can't even climb the trees." Without saying anything, she dragged you to the window and pushed you out of it.

Your wing came out from your back, and you tried your best to balance and not crash to the ground, but it's tough when you only have one wing. No matter how hard you tried to work your wing, it was not enough to stop your demise.

That was until a strong arm scooped you up and brought you to the top of the wall. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you have only one wing too."

"Why do you think I'm here? Why do you think anyone is here? If anyone here is remotely normal, they would be with their family and not deserted at a place where they didn't belong." You shouted as you banged on her chest for giving you such a scare. Your tears had a mind of their own and decided to escape from where they belonged.

"I'm sorry... but look. You've managed to get to the top of the wall and have a chance at life outside. All this... through one left wing of yours and one right wing of mine."

Your parents used to tell you you wouldn't succeed in life because you didn't have the basics of being an angel and you could only wait until it was your time for god to take you away.

"We are meant for each other. We help each other to reach new heights, literally. So, are you going to take this chance with me? I already have a place for us to live in."

You took one last glance at the orphanage. With the chance presented at your feet, who were you to turn it down?

"I'll go." You said with a convicted nod. Natasha wrapped her arm around your torso, and you did the same. With both of your wings spread, black and white, Natasha guided you towards your next destination.

Written on 22 Jan 2023
Posted on 26 Jan 2023

*clears throat* so I ran out of drafts to post again, so in the meantime, feel free to check out my new book called , Her Assistant. And hopefully I'll be back soon with more drafts to post.

I think it's because the avg word count of my one shot has been getting longer thus taking longer to write cause I remember writing one per day but it's taking me weeks to write one these days (with school and all).

So, see you soon!!! 👋👋