Mini-boss N.R

Little!reader, CG!nat

I sat up and rubbed my eyes with my fist. Looking around, I realised I was in my playroom with my toys scattered around and I must have fallen asleep while playing halfway. Wanting to find my mama, I took my teddy under my arms and went to find her.

Near her office, I heard a typing sound and I knew she was working. Mama always shouted at people for disturbing her while working. But she said I could always come and find her. I pushed open the door quietly and she didn't even realise I entered.

"Mama." I said and she finally looked at me.

She waved for me to go closer and I ran into my mama arms. "Did you have a great nap?" She asked as she tidied my messy hair.

"Yes, but batter wif mama." I hugged her, getting comfortable in her arms.

Eventually, she placed me on her lap and gave me a juice box. Where did the juice box come from? "Yeah, you like sleeping with mama?"

"Yes, me feel safe wif mama."

"Can you sit here while mama work?" She tapped the armrest of her huge chair, surely there's space for two people. I whined wanting to sit with her and feel her warmth but she gave me that mother stare. Reluctantly, I got up from her lap and continued drinking the juice box.

I leaned on her while she continued typing on her computer. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and mama told them to enter.

"Hey..." He dragged out. "Your new chick?"

"Andrew." She warned slightly, making me scared. I sat up straighter putting my juice box down. "She's the mini-boss. You treat her as you treat me."

"Sorry boss, here's the documents you wanted." He placed down a manila coloured file and left.

"Mini-boss?" I asked.

"Yes baby. I'm their boss and you're my girlfriend so that makes you the mini-boss." She explained to me. For some reason, I really like the sound of mini-boss and it makes me feel powerful. It has a nice sound to it too. I couldn't hide my smile and was giggling at the new status.

Another knock came and this time it was Uncle Clint. "Hey Nat, do you want to go for dinner together?"

"As long as this little one can behave." She kissed my cheeks.

"Hey, Y/N." He came closer and sat on one of the two chairs in front of mama's desk.

"Me no Y/N, me mini-boss." I crossed my arms and huffed. The two of them laughed at me and mama placed me on her lap. I don't like that they were laughing at me but I love sitting close to mama so I stayed. But I made sure to let them know I was still mad with my frown.

"Okay, mini-boss it is."

Mama just had a bit to discuss with Uncle Clint as she had her arms around my waist. I didn't understand what they were talking about but mama gave me a piece of paper and I doodled on it to pass time.

I had my tongue out as I was focused on drawing until mama got my attention. "Time for dinner baby. Want to go with Uncle Clint?"

"Mini-boss." I replied.

"Huh? What? Ohhh..." She finally understood. "Okay, mini-boss, want to go for dinner with Uncle Clint?"

I nodded and passed to mama my drawing. She complimented me and I saw she kept it in her folder along with my other drawings.

We walked out together and mama buckled me in my seat. Throughout the rest of the day, I wouldn't respond to anyone unless they called me mini-boss. Mama was having a lot of fun teasing me and gave me mini tasks to do such as ordering. I had a lot of fun, I liked being the mini-boss.

Written on 22 Jun 2022
Posted on 25 Sept 2022

First time dipping my toes into writing this. Feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong.