Errands pt2 N.R

Natasha POV
After the successful venture of Y/N to find me in my office the other day, I've decided to challenge her this time. I've gotten the help of some team members as it was going to be a slightly more dangerous venture than just going around the compound.

Today, right after breakfast, I brought Y/N to the living room to explain to her the things I needed her to do. I had to keep my hands on hers and bring her attention back each time she drifted off to make sure she understood what I was saying.

"Y/N, do you understand? Mama has work to do, so you're going to have to get the groceries for us today." I repeated, really hoping that Y/N got it all even though she nodded. "Here is a simple map for you to follow. Make sure you look at both sides before crossing the road alright?" I placed the map in her small pouch. I tried choosing a place where she didn't have to cross the road but it was impossible. So the next best possible option was to choose a place where she didn't have to cross a lot of roads.

"Ugn." She nodded.

"Alright. Remember what Mama said, okay?" I brought Y/N down to the ground level and watched as she left the compound. Once she was out of sight, I went to Tony's lab and pushed him out of his seat.

"What are you doing Romanoff?" He asked me in shock when his butt landed on the floor. I glared at him and continued using this tech, displaying every CCTV until I was able to find Y/N in the streets. Once I was able to locate her, it was easier to switch cameras once she went out of the angle of the camera.

"Why are you still here if you are finding Y/N?"

"I was the one who sent her there."

Peter POV
Miss Romanoff came in the morning and asked for my help once again to keep a lookout on Y/N.

"Sure! I'll be more than happy to do that Miss Romanoff." I happily obliged.

"Thanks. Peter. Sorry to disturb your weekend. And you know you can call me Natasha."

"Right, sorry Natasha." It still felt weird calling Miss Romanoff using her first name. I got my suit ready and waited at the roof of the compound until I saw Y/N walking out, making sure she meets no harm and gets to her destination safe and sound.

There were more than once when I wanted to swing by and help her cross the road but I know that's not what Natasha wanted.

Your POV
I was crossing the road when the light turned green when I noticed a butterfly flying. "Butterfly!" I began chasing the flying insect until it got further away from me. No matter how much I tried to jump and told it to come back, it kept flying further and further away.

"You're no fun." I looked around and noticed that the shop mama told me to go was nowhere to be seen. Then, I remembered mama gave me a map, and I took it out from my small bag. There were a few landmarks I recognised and I managed to find my way after looking at the street more closely. There's my favourite toy store where mama always buys toys for me.

I finally got to the supermarket where mama told me to go. I've been here with her a few times, but I always sat in the seat in the trolley while mama pushed me around. I wandered around and was able to find a few things such as my juice and snacks but I had no idea where the spaghetti noodles were placed.

Mama gave me a list of thighs to pick up and I was only missing the noodles. I went to find a lady who looked like a store assistant and asked for help. "Sowwy, can you halp me find pagetti?" It took a moment for the lady to think what I was saying but she agreed in the end.

"Spaghetti, am I right?" It sounded exactly like what my mama said so I nodded my head and she guided me to the aisle and pointed me to all the different brands there were. I took the one I felt most familiar with along with other things mama told me to get and went to the check out station. The same lady helped me scan the items and I passed her the money mama gave me.

She gave me the changes and helped me bag the items before making sure that everything was okay as I walked out waving at her. I think her name was Sammy, if I remember correctly.

I dragged the bag on the ground half way as it was too heavy for me to carry. I was so tired from walking and didn't want to carry it anymore but mama was not there to help me.

I sat on the sidewalk and took a rest. When I lift up my head, I can see the compound in front of me, but it felt very long to reach there. I rested my head on my knees, not wanting to move anymore, but no one was here to pick me up. I let a few tears drop until I started crying, I didn't want to walk anymore... I just want my mama...

I watched as people walked past me not knowing what to do. Eventually, I stood up and wiped my tears. My mama's strong, and I'm strong too! Strong people don't cry and give up.

"Come on... Pooh, let's go." I said towards the teddy that was on my small bag. I stopped looking left and right but instead crossed the road when others were crossing.

Finally after what felt like decades, I reached the compound and my legs and arms were hurting. Friday announced your arrival but Natasha was already standing there waiting for you with a proud smile on her face.

"MAMA!!" Pain all forgotten, I brightened up and ran towards her and she picked me up in one swoop.

"Hi baby, did you get everything?" I nodded my head and she checked the bag I was holding. "That's my baby. I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it." She kissed me on my forehead and brought me back inside where everyone was gathered.

I was so tired that day that I fell asleep in my mama's arms during lunch. But it was the best place to be at.

Written on 10 May 2022
Posted on 15 Sept 2022

Inspired by Japanese variety show. They really ask the toddlers to go and shop or do errands for their parents. Sometimes they even have to walk more than once because they forgot something.

Today marks 1 year I have been writing one shot. Just how time have flown by. Thanks for sticking around if you came from the first book. Love you and the support you have given.