Vocal rest S.J

Things were going pretty rough for me. I have been trying to record a few songs to release an album but I guess I have been pushing it too far and I started to feel some discomfort around my throat. Apparently it was inflammation so, the doctor ordered a strict vocal rest otherwise it may worsen the state it was already in.

Since I was unable to use my voice, I stopped going to the studio and the rest of my team took some time off as well since there was hardly anything to be done.

I tried other ways to see if I could improve my music without having to use my voice. Mainly playing the recorded song over and over again, thinking of ways to change and improve the cords and music.

Scarlett was playing as my watchdog during this time. Each time I unconsciously opened my mouth and made any noise, she glared at me and I gulped, smiling and mimed zipping my mouth.

I had my headphones over my ears, still listening to the songs that we were planning to include in the new album. It was almost done but for some reason, I felt like something was missing. No matter how many times I tried to move the cords around, change the lyrics or add some new chord. It wasn't the finished product that I had in my mind.

I was deep in my thoughts when Scarlett placed her hands on my shoulder, almost making me yelp in shock.

"Sorry." She made an awkward laugh before planting her ass next to me.

"Working on your music?"

I sighed and nodded.

"Take a rest." She closed my laptop and set it on the table and I looked at her with my eyes wide open in shock. Instantly, I reached over for my laptop but she pulled my hands back. I didn't save my progress!! How was I supposed to tell her? I tried fumbling around for the clipboard I carry around with me but I couldn't find it.

I took her phone that was next to her and keyed in her password before typing it. "Opps, sorry..." Was all she said with a sheepish smile.

I continued typing on her phone after glaring at her. "You're lucky I love you." I passed her back her phone before taking my laptop back, hoping that it was still there. That application often causes me a lot of headache as it crashes here and there.

Fortunately, the progress was not gone so I managed to save it before putting it back on the table.

"Don't forget to hydrate." She passed me a bottle of water and I mouthed 'thanks' to her before drinking it. She really knows how to take care of me.

"This is your lesson not to push yourself so hard next time." Scarlett reprimanded me as she turned on the TV to put on a movie. I moved to straddle her lap and cupped her face, pouting at her.

"Aww... is my baby sad??" She cupped my face and kissed my pout away. My lips turned into a smile and I placed my head on the crook of her neck.

Scarlett POV
Y/N placed her head on my shoulder while I rubbed her back. "Are you going to watch the movie?" I asked her after a while. She shook her head so I asked her another question. "Do you want to go back to bed?" I felt her head shaking again.

"So you just want to stay here?" She paused slightly before nodding her head. "Okay, stay here it is then." Y/N continued to lay in front of me as I watched and she listened to the movie playing.

After tracing her back for a couple of minutes, I heard some light snores coming from her. I continued the movement until she was deep in sleep as my baby needed her rest.

"I love you more than you could ever think, sweetheart." I whispered and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Written on 28 Feb 2022
Posted on 23 Aug 2022