You're supposed to rest S.J

"What are you doing?" Scarlett came back home after dropping Rose in school to see you working at your desk.

"Working?" You thought it was pretty obvious with all the signs. You were in front of your computer in your home office, notes of papers around you and your bowl of rice on top of one of them.

You see, normally this wouldn't have bothered Scarlett other than you eating and working at the same time which wasn't good for your health but, you were currently three months pregnant.

"You're supposed to be resting!" She stormed over and turned your swivel chair to face her.

"Oh come on!" You raised your hands up in frustration. "You were filming an action movie when you had Rose and I'm just sitting on a chair!" You had a pretty good rebuttal if you do say so yourself.

"I don't care." Scarlett took your hand and tried dragging you out of your seat. "You're banned from entering your home office."

"No!" You place your hand firmly on your armrest and yanked Scarlett back. "You already banned me from driving so I'm compromising by working from home. You're not going to ban me from entering here." You said firmly.

"Babe..." Knowing that arguing with you wouldn't work, she resorted to a softer method. Hoping to be able to melt your heart.

"Nope. Go before I flare up." You glared at her. You were a human made to do this, surely you were able to handle more than this.

"Fine! But I'm pulling you out at 5." Scarlett huffed before walking out. She wanted to take care of you better, to the best of her ability. She wanted to be able to treat you what others couldn't do to her, but you were making it really difficult.

You were not working as an employee under someone, you own your own small company. And in order to run it smoothly, you need to make sure your employees know what they are doing. To achieve that, they needed to take orders from someone. And that someone was you.

---

Scarlett started preparing the ingredients when it was closer to 5pm. She wanted to be able to feed you in time when it hits six so you could have another snack before bed if you wanted. Lightly knocking on your door, she received no reply but entered nonetheless.

Going in, she sees you sleeping on your chair. Tilting your head slightly, only receiving the slightest support from your headrest before your head slips off, you were still holding onto the pen that you were writing with.

She squatted and rested her elbows on her knees, while holding her head with her palm while admiring your sleeping face. You looked so relaxed, free of anything in the world, free to dream anything you wish without anyone pulling you back.

Thinking she should bring you back to bed so you're able to have a better rest, Scarlett slowly pushed your chair to your room. No matter how slow this process was, she tried her best not to disturb your sleep. Carefully, she maneuvered your chair next to your bed. She wanted to lift you up to bed but she couldn't think of a way to do it without waking you up.

"Baby..." She cooed while stroking your cheeks. "It's better if you sleep on the bed."

You opened your eyes to see Scarlett kneeling next to you and your bed just a step away. "Come on." She helped you up to bed and tucked you in. She was just about to leave when you caught her wrist. Scarlett turned and looked at you instantly knowing what you wanted.

"I'll be back, I just need to clean the kitchen." She whispered. Scarlett came back in record breaking time to cuddle with you. She got under the cover and pulled you closer to her while she lulled you to sleep.

"I'll treat you the best I ever can. You only deserve the best."

Written on 11 Feb 2022
Posted on 9 Aug 2022

It's my National Day in my country today!