Found you N.R

After the split of the Avengers, Natasha went into hiding. Completely disappearing from the radar. With her skillset it wasn't surprising, being able to get multiple identities, cross borders and hide under cover.

Unfortunately, you were siding with Tony so when Natasha switched sides she had to leave you behind. No matter how many times you told her to take you with her and that you were fine with that kind of life as long as you were with her, she refused to take you with her. She had to knock you out in order for her to be able to leave in time before SHIELD came to arrest her.

When you woke up, you were laying in your bed with most of Natasha's things gone. You groaned as you checked your phone, hoping she at least left a message before she left.

None.

With SHIELD and the Avengers disassembled, you took the liberty of taking infinite leave and went on a journey to find Natasha. Knowing she had hours ahead of you, it was going to be harder to find her.

She was sneaky, leaving false trails for you and SHIELD to find. You knew how she operated so it was often you finding the trails first before leaving them as it is for SHIELD to waste their time on while you continued.

"How can you do this to me?" You mumbled as your head laid on the headrest of your car. Since you were constantly moving around finding Nat, often not staying in the same country for more than three days, you opted to live in your car. Only having to find the gyms nearby to use their shower and washroom. Most of the time you skip breakfast and lunch, opting to eat only if you found something quick and able to eat with one hand as you drive with another.

You spent the majority of your time searching for Natasha and your hard work paid off. You managed to find a solid clue as to where Natasha could be, in Norway.

She was good at hiding, great in fact. But the one providing for her needs? Not so much. He may have put in some effort, but with critical thinking and analysis, you were able to get behind it and follow the right trail.

You drove around the country trying to find somewhere secluded and a safe distance away where she could get her groceries. Somewhere she could stay without raising suspicion.

You were starting to lose hope when you have been driving around the country for three days yet not being able to find anything, perhaps it was wrong after all. You were driving at the edge of the city, thinking of turning back when you saw an abandoned trailer in the middle of nowhere. It looked abandoned but it was in a good condition.

Thinking back to where you came from, the last supermarket you saw was about an hour away, considered to be a safe distance away. You stopped your car in the middle of the road and looked at the surroundings. It was covered in trees and there was hardly any human traffic.

You couldn't leave your car here, it would raise questions so you drove it further down until you managed to find a safe place to hide it among the forest before walking back to the trailer. You hid amongst the trees surveying the area, assessing if it was safe to enter when you saw a car arrive.

You pulled the collars of your jacket closer and rubbed your hands together to give yourself more warmth. It was cold around this time of the year but you shouldn't be feeling this cold.

Your heart almost jumped out when you saw Natasha step out of the car holding a bag. You were about to get up from your hiding spot but stopped when you saw her take out a gun from her waist line.

Minutes passed and there was still no sound of a gun shot so you were certain it was safe.

Regulating your breath, you waited until you thought it was safe to enter but the door swung open again. Out came a man and Natasha stood by the door talking to him. They seemed to be talking peacefully so you assumed he was the one who had been providing for her.

Each time you wanted to get up from your hiding spot, there was always someone interfering. Be it Nat or the guy earlier, so you waited slightly longer than you normally would before slowly making your way to the door.

But Natasha was better, she heard your footsteps on the grass. Perhaps you knew she was there so you let your guard down or maybe subconsciously you didn't know how to approach her so you wanted her to do it instead.

There you stood in front of the door with her gun pointed at you. "Y/N?" She looked at you "What are you doing here?"

"I..." You had thought of many things to say to her, to scold, to shout at her during your search for her. Each day you would have a string of words but none of them were coming out right now.

"Whatever, come in." Nat dropped the gun and pulled you in where it was slightly warmer after checking that no one else was around.

Both of you sat in uncomfortable silence until Nat noticed you were slightly paler than usual. Sure, she haven't seen you in months, but she still remembers how you look. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm okay." You said while your eyes were almost closing, finally being able to release all the tension you held after finding Nat.

"No you're not." She reached over and felt your forehead with the back of your palm and realised how hot you were. "You're burning up Y/N!" Nat quickly pulled you to her bed so you could recuperate and tried finding any medication she had that could help you.

Nat hoped it was only a cold and that it would go away quickly otherwise she would have to drive an hour away to get other medication for you. She stayed up all night making sure your temperature did not rise.

The next morning you woke up feeling slightly better, still with a slight sniffle but nothing that can take you out. You saw Natasha sleeping sitting up next to you. You turned to face her but the slight movement in bed woke her up. "Are you feeling better?" She asked.

"Yes, thanks a lot."

"You are putting yourself in danger by being with me can't you see that?"

You sat up properly and faced her. "And I am completely fine with that. We could be going into the heart of danger and I don't really care!"

"Why can't you see that I don't want to put you in danger? It gives me peace of mind that you're safe." Nat said when her emotions get the better of her.

"But it doesn't do the same for me..." You choked. You could no longer bear that Nat was pushing you away from her. "If we are in it, we are in it together."

Your sad expression broke her heart. It was never her intention to make you sad. She just wanted to keep you safe. Furthermore, she just received possible information that Yelena was in her old apartment in Budapest.

"Baby..."

"Please..." You shook your head, holding back your tears. "Please don't leave me behind again."

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Natasha spoke as she reached closer to hug you. You met her halfway, finally being able to hold Nat in your embrace, knowing she's not going away anytime soon. Both of you cuddled together in bed before having to leave to prepare for lunch.

Written on 12 Feb 2022
Posted on 11 Aug 2022