Chapter 3

Cassie's POV

"Thank you Luke for what you said back there" I said to Luke.

"I couldn't have let her do that to you Cassie you've done nothing wrong." Luke said looking over to me.

"do you have any clothes with you or no" "no to be honest these are the only clothes I have, when I was put in the hell hole she took all my things and burn them, even my all time favorite stuff animal" I said looking down.

"That horrible, what was the stuff animal?" Luke said while keeping his eyes on the road.

"It was a penguin with a a scarf, penguin are kinda my favorite animal" I said blushing a little.

"No way same here!" "Really?" I asked a little shocked. "Really" he said. "That's ironic" I said. "Cassie?" "Yeah Luke?" "What did mrs. Kurtlin mean when she said "no wonder why your parents were abusive towards you" I mean how could someone do something like to you sweetheart?" Luke said.

I knew that I had to him sooner or later since he is my new dad after all.

"It started when I was 5 years old, my father would come home extremely drunk, and he would come into my room and well he used to rape me but he always said don't tell mommy or else it will get worse, then when I turned seven he pushed me down a stair case causing me to break my foot and my arm, I didn't want to make my dad more at me so I just said I'm fine, then a couple weeks later my father can home again really drunk and he grabbed me and started to burn me with his cigarette buds, so that's why i have burn marks on my stomach, then he would stab me, punch me, and kick me, I actually tried to commit suicide when I was nine but I ended up waking up in a hospital with the cops in my room and told me that my parents are in jail for the rest of their life and that I'll be going to live in an orphanage. After a week I got to the orphanage that's when everyone started to bully me, so I would just stay in my room and cry." I said crying my eye out.

"Oh my god Cassie, I didn't know how bad your life really was, I promise I'll keep you safe from anyone trying to hurt you!" Luke said grabbing my hand.

"Luke?" I said in a low voice. "Yeah sweetheart?" "Thank you for saving me"

"I will always be there to save my daughter, I never want to lose you." "Thank you so much" I said grabbing Luke's hand.