chapter ninety eight

Start from the beginning

"They're all pretty nice. Ten is sassy. Him and Renjun are like the same person."

Sungchan laughs. "Yeah, Renjun told me about that. He came to me all grumpy because he couldn't scare Ten."

"Okay, be honest, can he scare anyone?"

"That's how he gets you."

"Fair enough. That's how Jaemin is. Don't get me wrong, he's super sweet and like the nicest person ever but when he's angry, he's like, ready to kill someone. And me and him always tell Ten that we'll handle it if someone hurts him."

"It probably would be concerning if he got angry if he's not normally that way."

Jungwoo nods and takes a sip of his drink. "So what's your favorite thing from here?"

"I think I've tried everything on the menu. Most of it's pretty good but I always seem to get a cheese danish, striped fudge cookie, and whatever drink I feel like. If my energy is low and I'm having a meh day, I'll get coffee or something that looks pretty so I'll feel better."

"And it helps?"

Sungchan nods. "Yangyang—his mom's a therapist and so he learns some stuff and tells us and told me that if I wanted a mood booster, to find someone to appreciate. So if day feels dull or I'm just having a bad day, I find something pretty to look at and it makes me feel better. One time, I was with my friends and I told them I need something pretty to look at so they call got up and stood in front of me in a funny pose. It made me laugh so he did make me feel better. Could also just be them."

"That's cute. Who are you the closest to? Renjun?"

"Him and Winwin. Those two are like my parents. I'm close with everyone though. Xiaojun, I actually met first."

"I would not have guessed that."

"Really?"

"I don't know, why. How did you meet?"

"Oh, um", Sungchan blushes. "I used to dance at this studio and Xiaojun worked there and I kept bumping into him. One time, literally."

"Honestly, I would bump into him too. I can be a mess."

"You seem fine to me." As soon as the words are out of Sungchans mouth, his blush deepens, making Jungwoo laugh.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, and we kinda found everyone else together but Xiaojun was way more awkward. Then we got drunk and he was fine then. A bit embarrassed but fine."

Mark turns his phone off and places it face down with a sigh.

It shouldn't bother me that much

He knows he shouldn't mind, that he agreed, and even volunteered them to make individual progress, whatever that be. He knows it doesn't matter how much progress they make with each other, but yet again, he still feels like he's behind.

He has an official boyfriend but he has one instead of three.

Mark doesn't Haechan and Jeno to rush, he'd always assumed he'd get with Jaemin first anyways, but why does it feel like they're all moving on with their feelings and he's chasing after them? Even Jaemin and Jeno will become official at the rate they're going. He can see it, how happy they make each other. Jaemin told him he makes him happy and he believes it but do Haechan and Jeno make him happy?

Jaemin and Haechan were destined to be together, him and Jeno knew that from the moment they realized their feelings are mutual. Jaemin can love him, can be falling in love with him, but he's sure he feels more for Haechan. He sees the way Jeno is just falling in a bottomless pit for the two males.