.𝘤𝘩𝘱 𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝐢

𝐢. WHEN ALL SHE IS AND EVER WAS IS COMPROMISED

ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄᴏʀᴘꜱᴇꜱ
ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇᴅ
ɪɴ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ 88 ᴅᴀʏꜱ
ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ
ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ
ʏᴏᴋᴏʜᴀᴍᴀ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ.
ɴᴜᴍᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ ᴏʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɪɴᴠᴏʟᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜɪʀʟᴡɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ
ʙʟᴏᴏᴅꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ
ʙᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴏɴꜰʟɪᴄᴛ.

zero.

12 years prior to current day

       𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥. Rei learned that when she was 10 and watching the people pass her by on the streets of Yokohama City. She was an orphan. Homeless. Stuck in a back alley and she was starving. Her stomach felt like it was eating itself. It was agonizing. 

 Everyone who passed her, they all had the same thought. 'Someone will come by and help her.' They thought. 'It doesn't have to be me.'

 Most of those people had happy homes to go back to. Houses with heating, with a roof, with food. Rei didn't have anyone or anything. She was alone in the world and no one wanted her. And she realized that while she sat on the streets of the city. 

 Rei was unwanted, unloved and was going to die in an alley. No one needed her, there was no point in her being born. 

 The day her life changed, it was raining, it was cold, and it was dark. She was sat in an alley, back against a cold brick wall, knees tucked into her chest, arms pinned between her legs as her head rested on her knees. She was soaked, she was shaking from the cold, and she was starving. 

 She could feel it. One more day and she'd die of hunger. She was ten years old, and she was going to die because there was no one who gave a shit about her existence. 

 "What was the point? Why was I born?" She asked herself, over and over again as she stared at the concrete ground. She was going to die there, without having done anything with her life. Because she was a child left to die. 

 "No one's come to save you,,, have they?" A voice rang through the dark alley, over the sound of the rain. "A child left to die in an alley."