part thirteen

Dianne's POV

After spending the work week I had, I was surprised I made it out alive. I've been booking clients all over town, looking for venues and catering.

When it was finally Friday I was counting down the hours before I could go out for dinner with everyone.

Addison invited their "friend" Apollo, Eden invited Carter and I invited my brother Leo.

Just as I was making my way to the exit my boss called me into her office.

"What's up Grey." I asked, not taking a seat to indicate I was in a rush.

"I've been monitoring your work Dianne. You've outperformed all of the members of this team. I'm impressed." she spoke, pacing herself due to her age.

You couldn't tell exactly how old she was because black don't Crack and you can never get a black lady to tell.

"Thank you Grey." I said, beaming from the wanted approval. She mentored me from the year I graduated until now so I really needed that, I just didn't realise.

"I'm getting old, and you know I don't have any heir for this company." she said, "I think you might be suitable Dianne. If you'd like to take over."

I was stunned before being excited.

"This is a huge proposal. I never imagined it in my wildest dreams." I gushed.

"So? What do you say?" she asked.

"I'll take the offer." I said, before giving her a hug and leaving to go tell Addison.

At dinner

Everyone was happy for me so we splurged and went to a very upscale restaurant. We were all dressed up and looking good.

"I'm so proud of you baby." Carter said before kissing me.

I giggled when she followed my lips as I tried to pull away.

"We're falling behind baby. I'll give you what you need later." I whispered.

"Deal." she said before looping our arms and heading to the entrance.

We all enjoyed our meal before Carter stole me away from Eden for the night.

Carter drove us to one of her penthouses.

"I'll be right back Dia, make yourself at home." she said before disappearing for a little.

She left her phone on the counter and it started ringing. I called out for her but she didn't respond.

I picked it up to hear moans on the other end.

"Fuuuck Carter! This should be you." the girl moaned, "Come over."

She hung up before I could say anything.