part nine

Dianne's POV
Few weeks later

Carter and I have been talking a lot but I was beginning to wonder if we would ever be a thing since we haven't even gone out on a date and Eden still doesn't know the extent of everything.

I spoke to Carter and she asked me to let her tell Eden everything when she's "ready".

Whenever that'll be

"BOO!" Addison yelled from behind me, making me jump.

"Why would you do that?" I whined, smacking their arm.

They just laughed at me.

"Your daydreaming is stalling the printer doll." they informed me and I looked over at the finished print work.

"Oh, right." I muttered sheepishly.

"Who's got you like this Dianne?" they asked, sounding actually concerned.

I appreciated Addison for their compassionate nature. It was a breath of fresh air.

I sighed. "Carter. She's been stalling and I really want to pursue something tangible but she's not ready. I mean, I don't want to rush her and end up pushing her away but this is really getting in my head."

They took a moment before speaking.

"Have you guys been on a date yet?" they asked. I shook my head, no.

"Damn. I understand your stance on going at her pace but I believe in taking control in any situation so maybe you should try giving her a little nudge."

"And how do you suggest I do that?" I asked curiously.

"Ask her out yourself." they said with a shrug before the printer ding, and they took their papers.

"Don't be afraid to lead shit Dianne. Maybe that's what she's waiting for." Addison finished before walking to their office.

Throughout the day I was trying to come up with a plan of action. I needed this to be special since Carter has grown quite special to me this past month and some.

I ended up making a reservation for tomorrow afternoon at The Pier and set up a cute way to ask her because I was scared of calling or texting.

When it was time to clock out I went to the mall to get a dress.

I got a long sleek black dress that had slits on both sides up to my hips, the back was exposed and it hugged my booty just right. I bought black stiletto heels and a purse.

These were for the date but I was also doing a little retail therapy because I was lowkey panicking.

When I got home my phone rang.

I checked the caller ID and it was my older brother, Leonel.

I answered and put him on speaker as I prepared dinner for me and Eden since she was still at work.

"Hey Bubba. It's been too long." I said, smiling when I heard him scoff at the nickname.

"Hey Annie." he said and I scoffed back before we both laughed at our immaturity.

"How are you settling in Denmark?" I asked eagerly.

"Well, that's why I called." he said, making me frown.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He sighed. "I don't like it here sis. I've decided to come home and before you object, I already spoke to mamma and she said it's okay."

"I wasn't gonna object Leo. It's okay. I told you, you could always come back home." I admitted honestly.

"I know. I was thinking about coming down there." he said.

"That's a good idea. It's awesome out here. And there's plenty of handsome guys..." I teased his gay ass.

"Girl leave me alone." he said, "You getting any kitty cat or what?"

I blushed as my mind instantly went to Carter. It's been a while since we've had sex because she's been working on a project and her job.

"Yes and no. It's complicated but there's this girl and I really like her. She's really attractive, smart and amazing. I'm actually gonna ask her on our official first date so I'll tell you how that goes."

"Wow, you're asking someone out? I'm so proud." he said, fake sniffing.

I giggled. "You're so dramatic, but yeah. Hopefully this is the move. I can't handle rejection." I admitted.

"Don't worry Dianne. Trust that the universe will provide you with the person you deserve, whether it's this Carter girl or someone else." he said wisely.

"Thanks, I needed that reminder Leo." I said, thankful for him.

I heared the elevator open and Eden came in.

I said bye to Leo and Eden and I had dinner, chatting about our work day.

After that, Eden cleaned up and went to her room. I retreated to mine as well.

Meanwhile
Carter's POV

It was time to go home so I walked past the office, saying my share of byes.

When I arrived at the front desk the receptionist, Lisa, called me over.

"Hey Lisa." I said, waiting for her to tell me what she needed.

"I have a delivery for you." she said, before reaching behind her desk and pulled out a bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you." I said.

"Who are they from?" she asked.

"Let me read the note first nosey." I said, laughing a bit but I already know who it's from.

I know you want to be cautious about your heart but I'm tired of waiting.

I decided to take initiative to show you that I'm serious about you

Carter, will you go on a date with me tomorrow at 7 at The Pier.

Dress nice, like you usually do

xoxo
Dianne

P.S. you can decline

I smiled. She's so cute. Of course I wasn't gonna decline, I wanted to get serious too but I was still looking for a sign and this is the best one I could've asked for.

"Sooo?" Lisa asked, I almost forgot she was there.

"I have a date with a very pretty lady. Don't tell anyone in the office." I said, being serious at the last bit.

I don't need these gossips I'm my business.

"Okay, okay." she said.

I made my way to my car and drove to this small dress shop near my place. I walked in and was greeted by the owner, a friend of mine.

"What can I get for you Carter?" she asked, tucking her brown curls into a high puff as she stood behind the counter to my right.

My eyes briefly browsed through the small shop before landing on a black dress.

"This piece is calling my name." I said as I grabbed it off the rack and went to the mirror before placing it against my body.

It was a little big but it was just what I needed. Sleek and elegant. It was a long sleeve dress with a boob window, it stopped just above my knees.

"Can you tailor it for me Jas?" I asked the owner.

"Sure thing. I can have it ready tomorrow by 3." they said.

I paid for everything and drove home to find some shoes to match.

I was excited for tomorrow.