part four

Omniscience

Eden and Dianne had already settled into the table Eden booked. The waiter placed a bottle of red wine on the table after pouring them glasses.

"You're gonna love Apollo, he's a very talkative, goofy guy. He can say stupid stuff so don't take him too seriously." Eden brief Dianne on her male bestfriend who was still ten minutes away.

"Sounds like a fun time." Dianne said as she sipped lightly from her glass.

"Then there's Carter. She's a sulky gay mess but once she opens up she's a big softy. She's not much of a talker though so take no offense if she's a little cold."

Dianne nodded.

"Oh, speak of the devil." Eden said as she waved Carter over.

"Evening ladies. I apologize for being late, there was a lot of traffic on the way." she explained, sitting down at the table.

"Don't frett. We haven't been here too long either." Eden replied.

A silence fell on the table.

"Are you gonna introduce me to your friend or..?" Carter spoke up.

"Oh, where are my manners? Dianne this is Carter that I was telling you about, Carter this is my old friend and new roommate Dianne." Eden introduce briefly.

"It's a pleasure." Dianne said, reaching for a handshake which Carter met in the middle.

Apollo arrived shortly after. The social butterfly had no introduction needed.

"I know, I'm late. You all look stunning." he said, pouring a glass of wine and taking a sip.

He noticed a new face. "Well hello Miss. My name is Apollo, like the diety. However you seem to look like more of a god than myself."

Dianne giggled shyly. "Thank you Apollo. I'm Dianne, Eden's new roommate."

They shook hands and dinner began.

"So, what's the real reason we're here Eden? Other than meeting shawty over here." Carter asked, jumping straight to the point.

"Carter don't be rude. Dianne has a name. And as for the reason we're here..." Eden trailed off as she took something from her purse.

She pulled out a set of keys.

Everyone waited for her to explain their significance.

"I am the official owner of the Gardens of Eden boutique!" she said excitedly.

Everyone excitedly congratulated her accomplishment.

"Wow Eden. That's awesome." Carter said, leaning in to hug her.

"Thanks everyone." she said, "So we're here to celebrate the new. A new addition to the group and a new start for my business."

Eden raised a glass and everyone did the same, all of them clinking their glasses together in celebration.

Their celebration got the attention of a young man near by.

"Eden?" he asked as he came closer.

"Nicholas!" Eden said as she got up to embrace him.

"How are you?" they asked in unison.

"I'm good." they replied together again.

Both of them laughed at their synchronized responses.

"Umm guys this is my old tennis partner, Nicholas." Eden introduce.

Everyone greeted him.

"If the table doesn't mind, can I steal you for a second?" Nicholas asked.

"Yeah, you can have her." Apollo replied for the group and with that, Eden was taken away by the man.

"So we all know that tennis partner is code for fuck buddy, right?" Apollo asked.

"Yup." Carter and Dianne responded together.

***

After more than a second Eden returned.

"Guys, Nicholas asked if I could leave with him. Carter can you drop Dianne off at our place?" Eden asked.

"It's okay, I can just call a cab." Dianne dismissed.

"No it's cool. I'll drop you off shawty." Carter insisted and Eden left with her "tennis partner".

To play tennis....

After the group finished dinner they parted ways.

Apollo drove off in his car and Carter and Dianne left in Carter's car