"Am I still a stranger to you, my lady?"

Y/n gulped.

She's just surprised with her own thoughts. Who would've thought that she would meet an important figure like Zeke Jaeger?

And to think that she is to be the new empress, and Zeke will work for the imperial government, including for her.

"Would you get mad if I still refuse to say my name?"

Zeke arched a brow, he stared at Y/n, straight in the eyes though it wasn't intimidating. Y/n saw the soft gaze in it.

"I won't. Because that only means you're keeping yourself safe."

The h/c-haired lady smiled a bit, which stunned Zeke. He went silent for a moment while he stared at the young maiden.

"Dr. Jaeger must be proud to have a son like you. You're respectful."

Zeke smiled bitterly as he shook his head.

"I'm not quite sure about that..."

Y/n stared at Zeke.

He must not have a good relationship with his father. "Don't think you aren't anything good, Mr. Jaeger."

The blond guy was taken aback, he looked at Y/n who began to walk to leave already.

"Pardon?"

Y/n stopped for a moment to look back at him. The h/c-haired lady smiled at him, sheepishly that her eyes seemed to have smiled as well. It was a mesmerizing sight.

"I have good eyes for people.

"I know you're someone worth bragging about, and I'm sure you're someone who deserves compliments."

Zeke was left stunned in his place.

He only watched as Y/n leaves.

A smile crept onto his lips, he chuckled lightly and shook his head.

"How can you say comforting words to a stranger, my lady? That only makes you more interesting."

--

Erwin stared at the bouquet of white lilies he prepared for Y/n. He's sitting in a chair in front of a round table, at the center and his surroundings filled with lilies.

The emperor's gift for the h/c-haired lady is her own garden of lilies inside the imperial palace.

What he did had already spread around the palace, as well as to the people.

"What time is it already, Sir Levi?"

"It's about to be 20 at night, your majesty."

Erwin nodded. She's late.

Sir Levi stared at Erwin, he raised a brow upon seeing the oblivious impatient look on the emperor's face. Since when did he start showing emotions such as impatience...?

"Do you miss her ladyship?"

Levi raised a brow when Erwin looked at him, frowning. "What?" Erwin casually responded, which amused the short man.

"It seems you forgot you're an emperor. Where did the "pardon" go?" Levi smirked.

The emperor faked a cough, he picked up his cup of tea then sipped on it, but his face turned sour at the coldness of his tea.

"You were too busy waiting for her ladyship that you neglected this precious tea..."

"You sure love teas, sir Levi."

"Yes. They're better than any ladies."

Erwin sighed as he shook his head.

"You should get married soon, sir Levi."

"You should worry about your marriage, not mine."

The blond man and the raven haired man looked at each other, both of them smiling.

"You're quite talkative tonight."

"I've always been one, your majesty."

"Sure."

"You sound like you're doubting me."

Erwin was just about to talk back to the raven-haired man, but his eyes landed on the familiar figure approaching from behind.

She's here. The blond man stood up from his seat, picking up the bouquet of lilies.

Sir Levi looked back, he stepped aside as soon as he saw Y/n approaching them with Nanaba and Sir Mike.

The emperor walked towards the h/c-haired lady, keeping the bouquet of lilies behind him.

"Your majesty this place..."

Erwin and Y/n stopped on their tracks as they reachd the center and are already facing each other.

Y/n roamed her eyes around, stunned to see the colorful lilies planted around and in full bloom. "I've never heard of this place existing inside the palace before."

The emperor smiled at her.

"Happy birthday, my lady."

She looked at the emperor with wide-eyes.

Birthday...?

What...what day is it today?

"It seems you forgot, but now you remembered. It's your birthday today, my lady. And this is my present to you."

Erwin lends her the bouquet of lilies, though she knows it's not the only thing that the emperor gifted to her, but also the whole garden of lilies.

"Y-your majesty, this is too much..."

Y/n stiffened in her place when the emperor stepped forward closer to her.

Her eyes went round when she felt the emperor's lips on her cheeks, her heart felt like it melted the moment Erwin also held her hand, and intertwined their fingers.

"Nothing's too much when it comes to you."

Y/n stared at the emperor, eyes looking soft while she tries her best not to get weak.

How do you know...if you've already fallen for someone?

How do I know...if I've already fallen for this man?
_____________________________________

:)