Chapter 14: The Date

Start from the beginning

"Hex did you want to go here? Im sorry that I ruined our date," I said. I let go of her arm and grabbed my own. I looked down at the ground and shuffled my feet on the pavement.

Why did I feel like this? A group of musicians play in the background. I didn't know if it was just a coincidence or was fate trying to tell me that I ruined everything? A hand had rested itself on my shoulder.

"Susan you didn't ruin a thing. I'm just thinking if where I'm taking you is a good idea," she said. I look up into her violet eyes and rush back down to the grass. I blush again as she looked down at me.

"Stop doing that," I say.

"Doing what?" She asks. I could tell she was still looking at me the same.

"Talking down to me like I'm innocent. You're acting like you have to behave around me. I know you change. You were so different when you woke up that night and when you were in front of your kingdom. Do you think you have to act all special around me? What gives you the right to do so? I wanna see the real you, I wanna be like a mob girl," I say.

I push her hand off my shoulder. She slides her hands back into her pockets.

"Alright then I'll treat you like a mob girl. You don't like the good me so tonight you're staying with me. You are gonna hang with me, stay with me, and sleep with me," she says. Did she just say 'sleep with me'? I blush. She thwacks me in the side of my head.

"Get your mind out the gutter I meant stay over at my castle. Or I will take you home," she said. I rubbed my sore head and nodded.

"Just drop me off back home after," I say. Finally she is gonna treat me like a person. The park started getting quiet as the sounds of yoga, children, and music died down. The sun was starting to sink as the moon was rising and taking its place. The day was gone and I had just ruined the date.

"I'm sorry I took forever. I guess we have to go home now," I say.

Hex laughs, "home? You said you wanted me to treat you like a mob girl you're coming with me to a party," she says. A party that she knows about?

"Hex don't tell me it's a-" I'm cut off.

"A mob party!" She yells. She cups her hands around her lips and howls like a wolf.

"Hex if you haven't noticed I'm not a mob!" I say stern.

"I know chill Snow White I can fix that. Pick a mob" she says.

"Enderman," I say.

"No. You don't want to be an Enderman. I mean it's cool and all but the process is very long. I can change people into a lot of different mobs but an Enderman is a different story. Trust me," she says.

'Your the Daughter of Herobrine and the Enderdragon. I think it's very possible for you to change me into an Enderman' I thought to myself.

"A zombie?" I say.

"Alright sexy zombie girl. Come here," she says. I step closer to her not knowing what to expect. She grabs me by the waist and pulls me close to her body.

"Hex what are you doing? Is this how you treat all mob girls?" I ask trying to push away from her. Secretly I liked the fact that she had me like this.

"Nope just you," she said. She leaned forward and kissed my neck. A small pinch of pain hit my neck as I started feeling woozy.

"Hex what did you do?" I ask holding my neck as she let go of me.

"Eh seems a little vampiric now huh? That Twilight crap huh?" She asks. I could feel myself getting colder than usual. My body felt dead, but alive somehow.

"Hex? Am I?" I ask holding my head.

"Yes you are a zombie. We'll sort of. I didn't want you to permanently become a zombie so it's only temporary. Plus I got a brain freeze from your blood. Woo strong stuff," she says licking her fangs.

I laugh," really now or are you just a light weight?" I ask.

"Woah are you questioning my drinking ability? I happen to have been drinking since before you were a sperm in your father's nut sack," she says.

"You are old and gross," I say. I push Hex a bit and she grabs my arm and spins my into her's.

"Are you ready for the first party of your undead life?" She asks before spinning me out of her arms.

"Yes," I nod. She starts running to her cycle and I run after her. She hands me the helmet and get on her bike. As I put the helmet on she starts up her bike. She revs it a few times before causing purple flames to burst out the back. I climb on and grab her tightly.

"You sure look cute for a zombie, just saying. You might get talked to by a lot of guys and girls," she said. The sun is gone besides one single streak of orange still holding on to the dusk.

I keep the shade up as my eyes adjusted to the darkness super quickly. Maybe this date won't be bad. She revved up one more time before pulling off in a cloud of smoke and flames. The night sky was beautiful especially when I feel as safe as this. I looked as the forest burst to life.

The plains eventually gave way to trees and mobs emerged from the woods. I felt a little scared the closer they got to the road. I squeezed Hex's waist tighter. I could feel she was laughing a bit as her stomach kept flexing. She howled into the air once more before speeding off faster.

I don't know this side of Hex, but it lured me. It was almost if the moon powered her and unlocked the mob inside. Is that how they all feel? Is the moon sort of like their strength? This mob stuff is starting to sound a lot like a fan girl's day dream. My train of thought was interrupted by the sound of music and a very low bass shaking the earth and my eardrums. Hex stops next to a rock and bangs her fist against it. The rock started raising like a garage door and I could hear the music much louder now. We pulled into the garage and the door closed behind us. Hex steps off her bike and kicks the kickstand. She lifts me off her bike and takes her helmet and lays it on a shelf in the garage.

She steps up to a metal door and grabs on to the door knob. I grab her hand before we walk in.

"Don't show fear Susan. Remember strong but elegant," she says.

"Y-yeah," I say. I didn't feel any better. Butterflies filled my stomach and my head felt light.

"Hey it's alright. I'll protect you," she whispers to me. I go stiff as my nervousness dissolved from my body. I actually felt...okay.