chapter ninety seven

En başından başla

"Me, Jisung, and Jaemin went. Jaemin was kinda third-wheeling our flirting."

"Oh", she says in realization. "Did you two kiss?"

"No."

"But you thought about it, didn't you?"

Haechan rolls his eyes and checks his phone again to make sure he's going the right way. "What do you think?"

"That means yes."

"But that wasn't your original question though. What about prom?"

"You probably weren't looking-"

"If it's about girls, I wasn't."

"Right but is there any chance you saw anybody in a dress? And like how big was it? Prom is coming up and I'm thinking about my dress and I don't want it to be too big. I wanna look like a princess but I don't everyone to look at me cause I look like a walking ball of tulle and ruffles."

"Just guess."

"You can't be serious."

Haechan gives his sister a look as he pulls into the drive through of the cafe. Thankfully, only one person is in front of them so they get their food quickly. Only the music is heard while the two get immersed in their food, Haechan mostly stealing quick sips of his drink at stoplights, still not relaxed enough to do a lot of one-handed driving.

"I know it's not very helpful but I really don't know how you figure dress skirt sizes. I think you should just try them on and if you think it's too big, then it probably is."

Alyssa sighs. "You're right."

"So who have you been texting this whole time? Paige, Marissa, or Veronica?"

"I thought you forgot I had friends."

"I do but I know you have them. You've been friends with Marissa since you were little and Paige is nice and I can't forget about your darling Veronica."

The girl rolls her eyes playfully. "I was texting Paige and Marissa. Paige was talking about her boyfriend and how they were discussing prom and how he wasn't paying a lot of attention but always said no to an idea."

"Did they work something out?"

"Yeah. Paige said she just had to kiss him to get him to agree."

Haechan snorts. "Very effective. When Jeno gets too annoying, me, Jaemin and Mark threaten to stop kissing him and it works."

"Jeno is the guy with the sister, right? Not sister-in-law, sister?"

Haechan nods. "Yeah."

"Oh, Marissa just told me to tell you hi and I already told her you say hi back."

"How is she? She's still your best friend, right?"

"Yeah. She also gets distracted with her boyfriend. He's nice. His boyfriend and Paiges boyfriend are friends but they're different. Marissas boyfriend is friendly and slightly awkward but talks enough to make you feel uncomfortable whereas Paiges boyfriend is always on his phone when Paige is with us, and he'll let it be uncomfortable. He speaks sometimes, but he just chooses not to. I mean I guess that's what you do."