chapter ninety seven

Start from the beginning

Little Sis
I feel like you forget I have
friends

Haechan
I do

Little Sis
I'm only being calm because
you expect me to be offended
and I wanna prove you wrong

Haechan
You definitely got that from me

Little Sis
Probably
Thanks for my attitude too

Haechan
🙄

Like he promised, Haechan is right outside his moms house on Monday morning, praying he'll just see Alyssa and no one else. That doesn't work though as he looks up from texting his sister to hurry her ass up to see his mother's husband open the front door and stare at him.

Luckily, Alyssa hurries out right past him, saying something and waving before crossing in front of the car to get to the passenger side.

"What did he say?"

"He asked how I'm getting home."

"Oh."

"Mom's not here. She went to go get breakfast."

"Do you eat breakfast?"

"Sometimes. There's vending machines so I eat something if I get hungry, don't worry."

"Alright then."

Haechan finally pulls away from the curb and glances down at his phone, opened up to the directions of the cafe Alyssa wants to go to. It's not that far away and won't really throw them off on their path to the school, which is good. Alyssa stays quiet in her seat, texting away and quietly singing along to the radio.

Every once in a while, she glances up and looks around, never really getting the chance to do it as she's usually driving herself.

"Haechan, do you remember your prom?"

A few things come to mind when Haechan thinks of prom, most of them not things he wants to remember. "A little bit, why?"

Alyssa eyes her brother, finding his behavior strange. "What are you thinking about?"

"Prom. I remember a little bit, why?"

"Haechan!" The girl whines.

"Alyssa!" Haechan whines back, wondering she thought it would work. Where does she think she got it from?

"Haechan, tell me. Please."

The male sighs. "You promise you won't tell anyone?"

"What kinda stupid shit is that?"

Haechan shrugs. "Alright, suit yourself."

"Nevermind, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please tell me."

"Fine. I just mean don't tell anybody you know this."

"Okay, what?"

"Me and Jisung used to flirt."

"Did you go to prom together?"