Chapter 12: The Tree House

Lucy POV

After the whole gym incident and we all served our detention, Mira thankfully wasn't mad that I was late to work and when she heard it was Erza's fault she somehow understood the whole situation. Over the course of the week Loke kept popping up randomly all over the school and scaring the hell out of me. He kept professing his attraction for me and kept asking me on dates but I guess he really can't take a hint. Gray and Natsu were usually the ones to scare him off whenever that happened and they were around.

Wednesday I pulled into school and saw something I'd rather have not seen. Natsu and Lisanna became official that morning. How do I know? I saw them kissing. I'm happy for him, really. It threw me off guard is all, yeah. I try not to let it get awkward at work now and he seems to still act normally around me so that's good at least. He seemed happy so that was good too. Lisanna came in to see him when he was on breaks and such, I definitely didn't miss the small subtle glares she sent my way when I would be serving tables. Like seriously, you have the guy, don't worry about me. I know how to leave a taken man alone. Don't even get me started about sitting with her in math class. I mean I'm glad she cares about losing Natsu but she can stop any time now.

Loke eventually discovered that I work at the cafe. Which also eventually turned into a nightmare. Mira was essentially guarding the entrance to behind the counter after he managed to find his way into the lockers. Where he once again scared my soul out of me and Natsu dragged him by the collar of his shirt and threw him out the door. He comes to the cafe just about every day, and eventually he's going to figure out my schedule. Just great. At least since Mira knows we've known each other for a long time she keeps mine and Natsu's schedule the same.

Sting had been coming to the cafe more often too as well as taking to me more in school. He often sits with me and the rest of us during lunch. Surprisingly unlike Gray and Natsu, Gray and Sting get along well. Even Erza was relieved that she didn't have yet another person to punch when they almost get into fights. Sting usually helped Natsu throw Loke out of the cage when he was there. Although I could see some tension growing between Sting and Natsu. I couldn't understand why because as soon as I would be near them they'd act fine.

Today was Friday and it was after lunch, I was walking into my science class and Natsu and Sting came up next to me at the same time.

"Hey Lucy!" They both said at the same time, which led them both to glare at each other.

"Hey, guys." I nervously laughed as I sat down at my desk with Sting.

"After school do you wanna come to my place to start on our English project?" Natsu asked. We were both off this afternoon.

"Uh, yeah sure! We've got all year but why not get started now. I've already got ideas."

"I'll see you later then!" He smiled and walked to the back of the room to sit next to his table partner.

"So, I see you're busy tonight but what about tomorrow?" Sting asked.

"Huh?" I questioned looking at him.

"Uh. I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie sometime this weekend?"

I couldn't answer. I was genuinely surprised. I felt like I was gawking like an idiot and soon regained my composure.

"Are you? Asking me on a date?"

"I mean yeah." He laughed nervously. "It doesn't have to be tomorrow or anything it could be next weekend too. Whenever you're free really"

"Yeah, I'd like that. I'll be free tomorrow after work. I get off at seven so maybe we could catch a movie for eight or nine?" I asked.

"Why don't we aim for nine and I'll pick you up like eight thirty?"