Chapter 32: Drowning

A/N: June 11, 2023

Hey Homies! I'm super happy to celebrate pride month with Accidentally Bent's paperback :) unlike my other books, AB is a stand-alone, so it doesn't have a book 2 or 3. All three parts of the completed book are in this one! Hope you enjoy ❤️

The book is available on Amazon as a paperback + ebook. You can find the link to it in my Wattpad or Instagram bio, or you can simply type in "Accidentally Bent by I.J Hidee"

Happy Pride from Thomas, Eli, and me 🏳️‍🌈

AB cover reveal:

✏✏✏

Oliver and I agreed to meet at the public swimming pool. Going on a Saturday afternoon wasn't a great idea, especially when it would be saturated with people, but Sunday was his next deadline with Camilia, and we couldn't do it on the weekdays since learning how to swim wasn't really part of my job nor was it his.

I was nervous there'd be too many people. Would they recognise Oliver? They didn't when he came to pick me up at the bar, but this time was different. He had shown his face on national T.V during his interview with Tina and his looks became one of the hottest topics on social media. If I had nothing to worry about back then, this time was different. But surprisingly when I arrived, the swimming pool was empty. Not a person in sight. There was no one inside or out. Was today a public holiday? I went to the front desk and asked, "Is the pool open today?"

The lady looked up from her book.

"Are you here for a swim?"

I nodded.

"May I have your name?"

"Daniel White."

"Can I have your ID please?"

I gave her my driver's licence and once she verified it was me, she gave it back.

"The changing room is down to your right," she indicated, and my brows pulled together.

"Don't I have to pay?" I asked.

"No, not today."

Not today? Was it a special day? Before I could ask, she went back to reading her book. I glanced at the cover and bit back a smile. It was 'Love Me Not' by Oliver. I decided not to bother her. She was halfway through the book which meant she was getting to the angsty part.

I went to the changing room and looked up 'public holidays' but nothing showed up on the calendar. I typed in 'is today a public holiday?' But it wasn't. Huh, that's strange. I guess we're lucky today.

I texted Oliver.

Me: Good news, no screaming babies :) let me know when you're here.

I changed into my waterproof underwear and rinsed my body, waiting for Oliver near the pool. My stomach twisted when I saw the water. I dipped one toe and yipped at how cold it was. I sat on the bench, staring at the pool as if it was going to eat me up.