Chapter 28: Watashi wa numero dos

A/N: May 8, 2023

Hey Homies, hope you enjoy this chapter ❤️ New update will also be out on Patreon for early updates and exclusive chapters! The link is in my Wattpad bio 

ALSO CAN I TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT AN EXCITING PROJECT

I am currently writing a Mafia ManxMan Romance (cranked 50 drafts in a couple of weeks :') but I'm overthinking, rewriting, re-editing, and I'm getting way too obsessed with the plot and characters but I still feel like it's not at its potential yet?? I've been a little behind on TWA updates because I've become obsessed with writing the new story. It's starting to get unhealthy 💀 You know when you can't put a book down? Currently in that phase, but it's writing.

I wrote a silly contract stating I will not write the book and decided to let my mind rest... Anyway, lots of smutty scenes and morally questionable stuff goes on BUT hey, it's a new genre I haven't dabbled with yet! Hopefully it won't be too messy.

QUESTION: What do you guys do when you have writer's block?

Also, do you have any song recommendations?? I listened to my current playlists way too many times and I need a new deck of songs. 

I'll stop babbling. Please don't forget to leave a vote and ENJOYYY

✏✏✏

"Hi," I introduced myself, catching both of their attention. Tina smiled at me, her white teeth brighter than my future. She extended her hand.

"Hey, Daniel. It's nice to see you again. We haven't properly introduced ourselves," she said. "Tina Grenswell."

"Daniel White."

"Oliver talks so much about you."

I glanced at Oliver.

"You do?" I asked quietly, wondering what he could have said.

Tina nodded. We began to chat and Tina was nice and bubbly, very social and extroverted–the complete opposite to Oliver. Tina spoke while Oliver listened dutifully and when it was Oliver's turn to speak, he'd add a few lines before Tina picked up on a subject and continued the conversation. They were compatible. I tried to think of the conversations I had with Oliver but realised I didn't know that much about him.

"Horoscope." Tina prompted. "What's yours?"

"Secret," Oliver replied. "Yours?"

She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Unfair. I can't tell you if you don't do the same. Why is it a secret anyway?"

Oliver ignored her and glanced at me. "Horoscope?"

I was half-convinced Oliver didn't know his horoscope or what a horoscope was.

"I don't believe in that stuff," I grumbled and Tina rolled her eyes.

"Men," she said with a sigh of teasing disgust. "I'm a Virgo."

Nobody asked, but Oliver and I nodded dutifully.

"So, how long have you been together?" Tina asked, and I almost spat out my drink.

"We've been working together for two months," Oliver replied smoothly, handing me a napkin. My face reddened as I wiped my lips. The bar was starting to get crowded. Someone shouldered past me and I staggered sideways. Oliver caught my forearm and pulled me closer toward him while still chatting with Tina. He was sitting on a stool and placed me in front of him, letting me sit against his left thigh. His hand was still on my waist. I felt like I was standing between him and Tina, but Tina was too emotionally invested in the story she was telling and Oliver stared at her calmly, nodding every now and then. I tried not to squirm in his grip, my eyes darting to see if anyone was staring at us. We probably looked suspicious staying so close too each other, especially when his hand was resting on my waist.