Chapter 15: Step on me daddy

A/N: December 2, 2022

It's already December! Time flies. I have some exciting news! On December 7th, Who Let the vamps out? And Who Let the Wolves Out? Are being published as paperbacks! Mark your calendars and set a reminder so you don't miss the release 🥰 An early Christmas gift 💕

Question: what's at the top of your wish list this year?

✏✏✏

Nobody mentioned that the interview would be an interview and a cooking show. Oliver was supposed to bake a pumpkin pie with the show's host.

"Why didn't they tell us earlier?" I asked, enraged. I paced back and forth in the guest room, wondering if Oliver was comfortable with cooking. Did he even know how to cook? Who am I kidding, the man lived on donuts and cheese, there was no way he could cook. "We'll tell them you can't do the show and postpone."

"What do you mean?" Oliver asked calmly, sipping his grape juice.

"Do you know how to cook?"

"I do."

I stopped in my steps and stared at him blankly.

"You do?"

"Sí."

I was tempted to laugh but ignored his random need to speak Spanish, and asked, "Then why don't you cook at home?"

"I like the food you make me," he replied, and my heart pumped fast. "Also, I'm lazy."

I pursed my lips.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" I murmured. "I'll talk to the director if you're not comfortable or don't want to do this."

I didn't know why I was so upset. It was just a cooking show. But I didn't know what Oliver liked or disliked, and I didn't want to make him do something he wasn't comfortable doing. One of the side effects of being a personal assistant was becoming overprotective. We inevitably got attached to the people we worked with. No matter what happened, I knew I'd stay by Oliver's side.

I was used to being overprotective, but this felt slightly different. It almost felt personal. Too personal. What's going on with you Daniel?

"It's fine, Daniel," he said, reaching out and holding my hand. It happened so naturally, I didn't realize what he was doing until he gave me a gentle, reassuring squeeze.

I looked up at him and he gave me a warm smile, his dimple making a pleasant appearance. His eyes were clear and kind, his head tilting slightly when he murmured, "We went through all this trouble for this interview. I won't disappoint you."

My chest tightened as I looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

"You'd never disappoint me," I frowned. "No matter what, I'll always stand by your side."

I didn't know why it sounded like a confession. My cheeks grew hot, and he smiled.

"I'm glad." When I didn't reply, he laughed. He gently tousled my hair with his big hands, inclining his head to my height.

"I'll do my best, so don't go anywhere," he winked.

Don't go anywhere.

His answer made my heart flutter, and although I was burning inside, I tried to keep a straight face. Now that I thought about it, we've been holding hands quite frequently. They were short and impulsive, but it happened multiple times. And each time, I never pulled away. Was it normal to have this kind of physical touch with your boss? No, it wasn't. I needed to draw a line before our relationship became even more blurred.