Chapter 20: Love Sick

A/N: 19/02/2023

Hello everyone! It's been a while. I've been drowning in exams and homework this month and it seems like the marathon won't end till the end of February 😭 I can't wait for March and spring. Definitely going to spend the first week of March catching up on sleep 💤

Enjoy this update ❤️

Q/N: If you were to write a story, what would be the very first line?

WAIT BEFORE YOU CONTINUE READING!!!!

Please don't forget to leave a vote 🥹❤️ thank you

Okay, now you may enjoy xDD

✏️✏️✏️

It was Jack, my best friend.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Wow, what happened to you?" He almost sounded offended. I could imagine Jack grimacing. "You sound like you gave two blowjobs."

I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I'm sick," I informed him.

"Love sick?"

"Why'd you call?" I sighed.

"I just wanted to congratulate you on the interview. I watched it the other day and goddamn that Oliver of yours is hilarious."

Yours. But then Tina's Grenswell's face appeared in my mind and my heart dropped.

"I didn't recognise him at first. He looks so much different from the last time I saw him. He's totally daddy material."

I held back a sigh. Why was everyone referring to Oliver as daddy? He was an author.

"He's not daddy material."

"Excuse me? He looks like he can crush you between his thighs. And have you seen those biceps?"

I scowled at the vivid imagery that popped in my mind.

"And those big hands? Gosh, I'd love him to choke-"

"Jack," I groaned.

"Oh please, as if you haven't fantasised about his hands around your neck."

My face reddened. "That's aside the point," I growled. "Oliver is my boss. We have a professional relationship."

"You've always been good at avoiding subjects you don't want to talk about."

I had forgotten Jack knew me better than anyone else. I ran a hand through my hair, staring at the ceiling.

"Alright, avoid your feelings. I'm just saying, don't expect me to answer your calls when your pent-up emotions start pouring out like a dam."

Too late. Except I hadn't told him yet.

"Something happened between me and Oliver," I finally admitted.

"That's what I'm talking about."

I could hear the smile in his voice. I told Jack everything that had happened between me and Oliver, including Aaron's unexpected appearances.

"I don't want to make the same mistake as I did with Aaron," I murmured. Mixing professional and personal feelings never ended well; at least from my experience.

"Have you ever considered that Oliver isn't Aaron? You guys aren't doomed to end the same way you did with your ex."

I frowned.