𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝕾𝖆𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖓

The rattling of wheels combined with the giggles of young girls filled the night. It was the blood moon ball. The day we celebrate another year of peaceful coexistence with those of the night. It's also a day some young ladies see one for the first time. Some are frightened at the thought and some ecstatic.

Some like my sister Ophelia. "Oh Violet, Cecile told me some of them have golden eyes is that true?" Her big round eyes gleamed.

"There's only one I've seen with golden eyes," I answered.

"What was he like?" She leaned onto my shoulder.

"Well he was tall, and his skin as white as snow," I recalled. "His eyes were bright like the sun and his hair was the colour of the stormy sky."

"Did you speak to him?" Ophelia asked.

"Nope," I pushed a hair out of her face. "He seems to be one who doesn't like to be spoken to."

"Ophelia you must stick close to either I or Violet," mother warned her. "We don't want you becoming a thrall."

"Yes mother," Ophelia rolled her eyes. She'd barely been allowed out the door tonight, if it wasn't for her convincing father. All week she had to hear mother's speech of vampires, mother even got slithers of silver sewn into our skirts. 

"And Violet do not cause any problems," she pleaded.

"I'll try mother," I grinned. Before she could nag any further, we had arrived in front of the palace. Guided out and into the ballroom, not a thing was out of place. Ladies dressed in all colours of the rainbow, as they merged into their little groups marvelling at the decor. 

"Violet," an arm linked mine. I didn't even need to look, to know who it was. 

"Cecile," I chuckled pulling her arm closer. She greeted me with a wide grin..

"I'm surprised Lady Malory allowed you to come to this ball after what happened last month," she shook her head giggling.

"She can't keep me locked away forever, and that pig deserved it," I snorted.

"Well he hasn't been bothering any other ladies, so it appears that kick really did fix his nasty little habit," she twirled her blonde curls.

"Let's hope it stays that way," I grabbed a glass.

"Let's hope," she popped a grape into her mouth.
"How's you and sir Evergreen?"

" As usual," I sighed. Honestly, I thought we were doing pretty well, but as of recent it seems my thoughts weren't reciprocated.

"I think you need to kick him on the arse next," Cecile whispered.

"I might have to," I snickered, sipping a bit of champagne.

"Oh, here he comes now," she raised her fan, whispering into my ear. Facing the brunet, he'd certainly grown since the last I saw him. That was three years ago,before he went to the academy.

With each step he grew closer, I couldn't help but reminisce of the old times. Frolicking in the gardens, paper aeroplanes and our silly little jokes and adventures. If only we were in the back gardens of the manor, I would've tackled him into embrace.

"Sir Evergreen," we chorused, curtsying.

"Lady Violet, lady Cecile," he briefly bowed.

"You've certainly grown up," I looked him up and down.

"We all have, haven't we," he smiled awkwardly. "After all, it's been a while."

"It has," I crossed my arms.

"You must've been quite busy not to visit during the breaks," Cecile twirled her hair.

"Or have broken both of your arms," I chuckled.

"Well it'd be easier if we spoke verbally, no?" His boyish charm sparked once again.

"A letter still would've been nice," I raised my fan up towards my lips.

"I guess so, and I'm sorry lady Violet," he bowed dramatically. I could feel shivers down my spine, as he called my name once again. He never called me by my full name. Was I getting proposed to? Did he fall on his head? Did mother know about this?

As soon as he lifted his head back up, his eyes didn't meet mine but another's. Another's close by. I immediately put two and two together, just as his blue eyes flicked back.

Sliding my arm away from the blonde, I curtsied to the both of them. "I feel ill, please excuse me."

"Vi?" Cecile rose her brow, reaching out in attempt to catch my wrist.

Weaving my way through the crowd, I rushed out into the open air. My lungs were practically about to burst in this corset. Holding onto one of the arches, I slipped off my heels and ran into the royal forest. I ran and ran until I could no longer.

Plopping down onto the ground, I buried my head into my hands. The fuck was I supposed to do now? My fiancé, my promised future, one of my oldest and dearest friend was no longer mine.

"This really is a cursed day," I huffed.

Snap

Cracking my neck into the direction of the noise, there stood the very golden eyed vampire. Pulling myself up, I faced him ready to curtsy. It seemed he took no notice of me though , as he was pretty occupied looking at the ground. Or wobbling towards... 

Rushing to his side, he immediately collapsed into my arms. A dark wine colour leaked over my dress, as the fresh scent of blood filled my nostrils. Slipping my hands around his back to his chest, my hand landed on a large gash,  slightly off centred from his heart.

Glancing around, I was far too deep for anyone to hear or to know of these parts of the woods. Shredding a piece of fabric from my skirt, I attempted to prevent anymore blood loss.

Dragging the blond, I took him to the only nearby  place I knew. The king's cabin. Me and the other kids used to  play here whilst our fathers would  hunt. And when your father works directly for the king, you get to know a few things.

Tiptoeing, I swiped the keys from the bird nest and swung the door open. Mustering all little strength I had in my arms, I got him just into the entrance and shut the door. Falling into the seat nearby, I had just realised what I had done.

I've locked myself in with a royal vampire, a dying one at that. If I didn't do something now... I'd be royally fucked. This was probably the shittiest day I've lived through so far.

Scrambling through the cupboard, I found my holy grail to keeping my precious head attached. Removing the make shift bandage from his chest, I cleaned the wound with some nearby water in a vase and tied the bandage as best as I could.

However, the veins on his wrists grew darker . I had no other choice...