Chapter 18

"Emma?? 😳What are you doing here?"A shock look plastered all over Ruby's face upon seeing an unexpected visitor in her frontdoor, she looked around and noticed that Emma was alone.Her eyebrows knitted.

"How did you get here?Where are your bodyguards?"

"I'm bored...I took the bus....they are at home..mind if I come in?"Emma shrugged nonchalantly.

"A.a.a.aaa...Oh...yeah sure2x come in... You mean you escaped?Emma your mom's gonna kill me if she finds out you're here"Ruby starts to freak out.

"Don't worry Ruby, they know I'm with Neal and he would never rat me out to my parents.So what fun are we gonna do today?"she grinned.

"Oh really?! Fun? huh okay here's fun..."Ruby handed Emma an apron

"An apron? what am I gonna do with this?"

"We are short staffed today,and you wanted to hang out so here..."Ruby smiled widely.

"The bar is a mess.Cindy's baby decided to come out today of all the day.Mulan's on leave.Stupid Josh can't be reach so we run out of people.I don't know who else to call."

"Uhm,okay..I don't know how to do this but sure,this is a lot better than staying at home and doing nothing.My mother won't let me do anything,they wouldn't even tell what my life has been like before the accident. Who knows I have a boss somewhere who's angry at me for going AWOL."Ruby's eyes flickered when Emma mentioned about her previous job.

"U-h?..oh my God.I forgot... I ah I'm baking cookies..."

"Ladies less chitchat! more work!,people are piling up and are waiting for their orders"

"Oopps sorry. Larry"the two laugh.

***
"What kind of place is this?"Regina ask with a cringe.

"Oops hold that thought Reg,this place may look old and rugged but the food here tastes like heaven.It was actually Emma who brought me here....👀"Rebecca instantly regret mentioning Emma.Katherine smack her shoulders.

"What an absolute F Becs we bought Regina here so she could forget Emma"Kath whispered angrily at Rebecca.

"Anyways Regina,it's Henry's birthday this Friday right?How old will he be again?"Diana jumped in the conversation and tried to change the topic.

"Oh yes,our little boy henny is turning 7. Where will the party be held Reg?"

"Henry wanted to hold his party at the manor with his grandma and pa.Those old hags manage to trick my son to make me come home....."before Regina could finish talking her phone rings."Speaking of Henry her nanny is calling"Regina stood up and excused herself.

"Nice save Diana.Of all the places Becs why would you bring us here?"

"I miss the food here and they make a hella cocktails"

"What were you thinking?After...."

"I need to go.It's Henry"

"Why? What happened Reg?"

"He almost got hit by a bus. Please tell Steph to cancel my remaining meeting today and reschedule tomorrow also"Regina picked up her bag and hurriedly left.The three also got up to follow her.

***
"Here's your....HEY! you haven't paid yet!, Ruby we've got a runner"Emma yelled shocked to see 4 people rushing out of the diner without paying their tab.

"I'm sorry...uh?"the woman tilted her head confused,pointing at Emma.

"Becs hurry up!"the woman called.