Chapter 6

"Lily I'm gonna ask you something but do not laugh understood? do you still have Miss Belfry's number???"

"OMG whhhy???"Lily asked in a goofy tone"Did I hear it right dear?You're asking me for her number?? "Lily added imitating Victoria's British accent.

"Oh come Lily stop it...it's not what you think..it's for work.Satan's cousin is after my ass,that's the only way I could get her to leave me alone.I should've just kept my mouth shut like you said "Emma said frustrated.

"Yeah told ya.No one messes with the evil queen and gets away with it but you know what Em, I don't understand why are you choosing to stay there.Bloody hell you're an heir to a multi billion dollar company,you can get out of there anytime you want."Lily replied.

"I don't need your sermon right now Lily do you have it or do you not have it?I don't have time to play games.I only have two days"Emma whined.

"Okay okay,So you're serious about it huh?.Yes I still have her number and......if you also wanted to know if she's single.She is very single"

"Lily! I'm not...I don't...grrrr you are so annoying.bye"

"You owe me one Swan...oohhhh that rhymes.bye."

"Gosh you're frustrating Lil......"the line went dead

"and she hangs up"Lily said

***
Emma was staring at the piece of paper on her hand for almost an hour before she made her first attempt to call but quickly hit the end call, she was so nervous.But a few minutes after, her phone vibrates and to her surprise it was a message from the Victoria.

"I know it's you my dear Emma.reading the word dear before her name is sending chills down Emma's spine. Lily gave me a heads up.She told me you wanted to see me?You're lucky I'm in Boston, meet me for lunch today at Deuxave, 12 noon sharp don't be late "Emma froze.OH god. Another message pops up and it was from Lily.

"I know you're still staring at her number you coward..I called her for you 😉. You're welcome" All Emma could do was sigh.

***
Emma tried to focus but every time she noticed the time she grew more and more nervous.She tried to shake her thoughts off and prepare for Regina's next meeting.

The presentation took a bit longer and Emma kept on glancing at the time,she needs to be on her way now or she'll be late for her lunch with Victoria. This time she wished Regina would get mad and storm out of the room so she could go on her way.

"Will you stop that!"Regina's annoyed voice echoed across the room catching everyone's attention.Emma discretely hid her smile but it instantly faded when she noticed Regina's death stare was directed at her. When she wished for her to get mad she didn't mean to be the subject of it.

"I-I-I'm sorry Ms Mills?"stunned and clueless she quickly apologized not to make matters worse.

"Let's end the meeting here!. Send your final outputs to me not later than 3pm.I want the project to be finished by the end of the month" Regina stood up and turns to Emma.

"My office NOW!" she was gritting her teeth in anger.

"Damn it..What did I do?"Emma whispered to herself as she followed Regina.

***
"Reg what was that about?"Kath asked,she followed the two after Regina's sudden outburst.

"Why are you here Katherine?What are you her mother?Do you think I didn't notice you are always defending her?"Regina said

"I am not defending her. Emma what were you doing back there that made her mad?"Emma was met with Regina's stare.She still hasn't had any clue what she did that made Regina so mad.