Chapter 12

Emma stirred in her sleep hearing the loud buzzing sound of her alarm clock.She tried to hit the alarm off with her eyes still close but she ended up falling on the floor instead."Ouch.."She tried to get up but her body felt so heavy and her head was killing her.Finally after a few stumbles she managed to sit on her bed? bed?She panicked then it daunted her she doesn't remember anything from last night.

How did I get here exactly?did Lily oh my God Neal?!.Wait how did I get in my bed?She looked down and she's now wearing a silk satin night dress. She anxiously tried to recall what happened while looking for the dress she wore last night.She grabbed her phone to call Lily.

"Thank goodness you finally answered I was trying to call you multiple times last night"

"What?why?Lil did you take me home last night??"Emma asked puzzled.

"What do you mean why?you don't remember?"

"Well I remember seeing Neal and everything after that is a blur"

"You ran away last night after Neal told you his father and your father are trying to take Hamelin from Mills Corp"Lily remarked.

"Deal?Miss Mills! jeezz oh fuck I have to go.Lil thank you so much love you, promise I will make it up to you next time"

***
Emma slowly opened the door and took a peek before she walked no tip toed towards the kitchen.She knows how she is when she's wasted so she doesn't want to see her boss for the time being.Emma heard a sound coming from the kitchen and she knew there's no escape.She slowly crept and immediately hid behind the wall.

"FUCK!"she heard Regina cursed.As she sees it the older woman seems to be struggling with the coffee machine.

Oh no this is bad. Emma inhaled sharply before showing herself.

"G-good morning M-Ms Mills"Emma croaked her voice sounded almost like a whisper.Regina turned around and walked past her.

The cold treatment again.

Emma spotted the wasted coffee in the bin and some on the floor.

"tsk tsk tsk,that's why she really needs an assistant"Emma thought

Emma waited for a couple of minutes before following Regina to the living room"Miss Mills your coffee?" she did not even look up and just waved her hand.She's busy talking to someone on the phone.

"WHAT?WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S WITHDRAWING THE DEAL HE CAN'T DO THAT.NOBODY DOES THAT TO ME!!.WE ALREADY HAD AN AGREEMENT. CAN YOU TELL ME HIS LOCATION RIGHT NOW?...I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY.DO AS I SAY OR I'M GONNA MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL"Regina said ending the call her fist curved into a ball.Emma almost poured the coffee on herself when Regina started shouting

"What?"she snapped but Emma just stood still her lips partly opened.She was shocked.

"You are all useless"Regina uttered before retiring to her room banging the door loudly.

As the door closes Regina slump on her bed with her body facing down she was so angry that she wanted to cry but she doesn't want to cry in front of Emma especially after she called her a heartless spiteful bitch last night.

Emma was left alone and feeling guilty.She doesn't like Regina that much but she also doesn't approve of what her father and Gold are doing behind her back.She was starting to consider getting involved and call August,Gold or her father.Seeing how hard Regina is working with this deal and upon witnessing her reaction Emma was determined to help her.

"August hi,it's Emma I'm in London"Emma said.

"Oh hi Em,David never mentioned you came along so what's up?how's my favorite niece?"

"I'm your only niece..ahmm I've called because I want to ask you something if you are not busy can we meet for lunch?"

"Ofcourse hun I'll clear my entire schedule for you"

"Thank you so much but please don't tell dad or anybody else"

***
Meanwhile Regina fell asleep after finishing a whole bottle of wine.She woke up past noon feeling a bit better.Her phone bleeps so she reached for her it from the night stand.

"Congratulations dearie,the deal is yours.Well played"Regina's face contorted.What kind of devilish trick is this crazy old man putting up now.Not long after she also received a call from August.Regina is no fool she knew she lost the deal to Gold but she is baffled by this sudden turn of events.Gold is not the type to hand over something he already had his eyes on.There's always a price to pay with that man.She tried to get the truth from August but his mouth is sealed and instead he invited her to a party.

"Anyways I also called to formally invite you ahead to my company party next month, it's also the perfect time to officially announce Mills Corp's Hamelin takeover."August said.

"Great,I'll be there.Thank you"

"Pleasure is always mine Regina"

"But really are you not gonna tell me why Gold backed out"

"Let's just say you have a pretty strong guardian angel this time Regina.See you at the party"

***
After a successful meeting with August, Emma came back to the hotel and was excited to see Regina's reaction.Ofcourse she told August not to tell her.When she opened the door there's still no sign of Regina.Is she still locking herself up in her room. Did August not call her yet? .It was only after a few hours that finally her boss came out of her room.

Emma followed Regina's every movement while she's pretending to read a magazine which she doesn't know is turned upside down.Emma thinks of a way to speak to Regina.Her first attempt immediately failed as the woman left before she could open her mouth.She found another opportunity but then again Regina ignored her and is now literally avoiding her.Her patience is also running thin.In her final attempt she doesn't care anymore she's gonna open her mouth and spew all then words she needed to say regardless if she's listening or not.Emma counted mentally in her head before her final attempt to talk to her boss.

"Miss Mills,Miss Katherine called asking when will you be back because she has some important things to discuss with you when you get back and she also wants me to give her an update about the deal with Mr Booth?."She gets no response from Regina,the woman kept herself occupied decorating her bowl of salad which made her roll her eyes, the woman is impossible if only she knew what Emma did she might treat her differently  before she stormed out Regina spoke.

"Get the car ready and pack your bags we're flying back home by 3pm sharp"Emma was annoyed this wasn't the response she wanted to hear from her .She clenched her fist so hard her knuckles turned white.She went to her room and took it out banging her pillow on the wall until a phone call distracted her.

***
"What's wrong Em,you sounded more and more like grandma,grumpy and irritable"

"She is so getting on my nerves,after everything I've done.You know I should've told her what I did right? I should've shove it in her face that if not for me she must've lost that precious deal.That I knew Victoria and I knew August and the reason why all those deals were pushed through.Anyways why did you call?"Lily chuckled

"She really has an effect on you.I've never seen you act this way before"

"Rubbish,,it's only because I've never met such a spiteful person as her"

"Alright if you say so,but I'm curious about one thing how did you get your dad and Gold to agree?"

"I told them I would resign in 3 months and I'm willing to marry Neil and is open to merging our companies once we're married?"

"I'm amused you did all of that just for Mills Corp,come to think of it, first you agreed to meet with Victoria and be her assistant once they signed the contract and now you're willingly giving up your freedom for Regina Mills' sake?hmmmm you have grown a soft spot for her!"Lily teased.

"Ew NO.. Stop that I don't have a soft spot for her.I'm only doing that because I don't agree with dad and Uncle Rumple's move whether it happened to Miss Mills or not"