Chapter 17

**"2 years later

"That's it,I GIVE UP!"Diana bursts inside Katherine's office slamming the papers on the table causing Katherine to spit the coffee she was drinking

"What did Regina do again?"Katherine asked.

"Iguessyouhaven'theardbecauseifyoudidyouwouldn'task methatquestion"Diana blurted out in one single breath.

"Uhm, you speak too fast, why don't you just take a seat and I'll call my secretary to get you a drink"

"Kath how can I relax Regina's new assistant almost jumped off the building.Good thing the security saw her and called for back up, if not it would be all over the new and tabloids"

"And where's Regina? what did she say?"

"She just shrugged her shoulders and left.I no longer know what to do,the only person...."a knock on the door cut their conversation.

"Diana,Miss Mills wants you in her office ASAP"Steph interrupted and Diana heaved a sigh of desperation.

"Good Lord please give me strength,I don't understand why she still wants me to hire EA's for her,none of them could even pass her standards."Diana took a sharp breath before she continued."Why does she have to disappear all of a sudden? "she groaned rubbing her temples.

"Katherine have you heard the newsss....oh okay you already did"Rebecca said seeing Diana in the room.

"We should have listened to her when she told us not to hire one for her before.I'm sorry D"Katherine said.

"Don't be..for once I also thought it's a good decision,we don't know this would happen.I'm just confused with something, Regina hates everything about her but all of those people who were shortlisted had one thing in common,they are all blonde who stands 5'6" with a masters degree at harvard,the only thing they lack is a vintage beetle car and a messy plane ride with Regina..."

"Becs we... I...this needs to stop now.I suggest you go talk to Regina"Katherine calmly tapped her shoulder. Rebecca snapped her head towards Katherine her face contorted.

"Excuse Me? Why me? you suggested it why don't you go talk to her"

"Regina doesn't listen to me"she sighed in frustration.

"And what made you think she will listen to me?"Rebecca replied in disbelief.

"You're her bestfriend!"

"Uh You're her bestfriend too!"

"You know what Regina needs? a destruction,why don't we call Mr. Locksley and ask him to come visit Regina,maybe it'll lighten up her mood a bit" Diana suggested

"You know what that's a great idea but who would call him?I haven't met the heir to the Locksley's estate"

"Me also,Regina didn't introduce him to me when we went to London last year"

"Why don't we just invite Regina for a countryside vacation.It's a perfect timing since Kath's birthday is next week"

***
The three lined up like highschoolers pushing each other as to who would initiate the knocking as if Regina can't see them.

"What are you three doing?you know I can see you from inside my office right? you look like a bunch of idiots"Regina opened the door and stared at them.

"Becs has something to tell you"Katherine pushed Rebecca forward.The latter almost stumble and glared at Kath.

"Ahm Reg Kath's birthday is next we...so we thought.I mean I'm...well me and Kath and Diana will go out of town.We would like to know if you're available?"Regina just stared at them.

"You're wasting company time to plan for a vacation?"she snapped.

"Okay I can't take it anymore.Regina you are being unreasonable, mean and selfish.I am the vice president of this company and your friend.If you are so mad that Emma disappeared don't take it out on us. You're sulking and lashing out on everyone.Diana is having a hard time picking another EA for you because nobody can pass your standards.Everyone is tiptoeing no crash that if they can float in the air just not to make a sound they already have done that.What is wrong with you?"Katherine yelled angrily at Regina,she's on the verge of crying.Rebecca silently claps her hands amused.

"Who says this is about Swan?"

"Oh come on Gina.We are not fools. You started acting weird when she disappeared and it's been 2 years"

"You really want to know why?"

"Yes"they answered in chorus.

"That Emma she's David and Mary Margaret's daughter."

"WHAT?"Katherine and Rebecca's eyes widened in shock.

"I let a snitch in my company.Do you understand now why I'm so mad?She played me just like her parents did.She disappeared because she already got what she wants"Regina laughed bitterly clenching her fist.

"Wait wait wait,how is she their daughter? I mean how just how?"Katherine was utterly confused.

"God I hate myself even more for trusting her and turning a blind eye when she's in fact a walking red flag.If I could've realized sooner. Everything she's showing us is a facade.I don't know what information she got but I'm sure she already has the bullet to harm Mills Corp and me....I'm just waiting for her to pull the trigger when I should be the one doing that.I've been planning for years on how exactly I could get revenge for those traitor"

"But Reg how did you know?Who told you?Are you sure that it's Emma?"Katherine asked again

"Glass"

"Oh that's positive"Rebecca commented."I can't believe it"

"Ahmm Who's Mary Margaret and David?"Diana whispered to Rebecca.

"I'll fill you in with the complete details later"

"Reg if Emma really intends to spill something I think she should've done that sooner.Why wait for years.I'm not defending her but in those times I spent with her I don't think she knows anything about your feud with her parents"

"Don't trust a Nolan,why do you think did she changed her surname.Why do you think you didn't find anything during your background check? They perfectly planned everything"

"Woah woah wow...Forget next week I need a strong drink now"Rebecca said.

"I agree"

"I guess me too"Diana said still doesn't have any clue on what they were talking.

"What about you Reg?Are you coming?"

"I guess a glass or two won't hurt"

***
Emma was staring at the ceiling of her room for hours. She has nothing left to do.She has read all the books in the shelves,and watched all the movies in her computer.She wanted to go out but her bodyguards are always following her and she doesn't know anyone except Neal and Ruby.

She got out of her room and went straight to the kitchen.

Another week of staying home and I'd surely go crazy. She mumbled,her eyes scanning their huge and empty mansion.

"Miss Emma I was about to bring you food.Is there anything that you want?"

"Where are they?"

"Your dad is in LA for a business meeting and your mom is attending a medical summit in Japan"her Nona answered.

"Really?when are they coming back?"a surge of excitement rushed through Emma.

"Probably next week but your mom won't be back until next month"for the first time in two years Emma smiled widely. "Perfect"