16. Letter Pt. 02

Start from the beginning

If you don't answer me in the next few seconds

I'll kill your mom

I'll rip her head off right before your eyes

Ahh, it wouldn't be the first time you seen me do it

And Baby,

I promise you,

If you don't answer me right now,

It won't be the last time you see me do it.

I will kill each and every person you come in contact with until you tell me you love me.

Now,

Let's try this again.

How was your day, Love?

Shadow starts to crumble the papers in his hands before his wrist is grabbed, forcing him to stop his movements.

"You need to stop reading those right now." Jules' voice is stern. He understands that Shadow is in disbelief from what he had just heard and wanted to see for himself, but he can't allow the other hedgehog to keep doing this. Not at the risk of all their lives.

"Are you kidding me? Some sick fuck is not only stalking him but he's threatening to kill you all." Shadow pulls his hand free and tosses the crumbled papers back into the box. "So what? You're all just gonna sit around and twiddle your thumbs, waiting for death by some godforsaken bastard?"

Jules is about to get on Shadow's case but is stopped when the bat steps in between them.

"Shadow, you need to stop right now." She pushes his shoulder, letting him know she's not in the mood to play around.

The ebony hedgehog clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "That damn idiot brings nothing but trouble."

"Knock it off, Shadow." Tails takes a step forward. He's had enough of the hedgehog talking about his brother. Sonic's been going through hell for too long. This is the last thing he needs to hear.

"Right," Shadow looks to the fox, "-and how long have you known about this?" Seeing the kid's eyes widen for a second before he narrows them and turns away, giving Shadow his answer. "Exactly. He's been going through hell from some lookalike for what? Almost half a year? And he's never once asked for help?"

Chuck takes a few steps to stand by his nephew's closet. He respects the agent but at the moment he's not too thrilled on him harping on his nephew. "He's talked with us about it."

Shadow nods his head, acknowledging the fact that Sonic at least did that. "At least the idiot did that."

"Stop it," Rouge points her finger at his nose as she sternly looks at her partner. "I understand that you're upset about this, we all are, but you're acting like a jackass right now."

"You two used to be friends, maybe not the best of friends but you guys would always have friendly competitions. What happened?" Amy asks as she walks closer to Tangle and Bernadette. The room feels like it suddenly got colder.

Shadow just looks at the pink hedgehog with unreadable eyes. "Life happened, Rose. That's all."

Rouge pokes his chest. "That's bulls-"

A red portal appears above the ebony hedgehog and everyone sees a letter float down. Shadow's eyes narrow, watching the portal close as he catches the paper while everyone else's eyes go wide, not wanting to know what it says, especially if it's a threat. They had already seen Sonic being taken from the stalker, what more does he want?